Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help Quick Reply
 New ITR ownerFirst  1 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
  New ITR owner« » Reply  Edit

Hey everyone, my name is Dominic and I just picked up 97_0202. Super excited to have picked this up and looking forward to being an ITR owner.

I am planning on just putting the minimal parts back on it, before being able to take it to the track. The salvage title and shaved/tucked bay gives me no desire for any sort of original restore.

I left my house at 3a.m. last Sunday, and everything was fine for driving situations (minus that being the warmest part of the day ). We made it to the DFW area and the construction was pretty crapy at times. We ended up getting stuck in a loop from the GPS near the air port, and crossed the shoulder from the frontage road to get on the highway after lap two. Three miles from the exit some one is pointing at the right rear of the trailer, I am the passenger during this time and start rolling down my window to hear someone say that our ramps were missing out the back of the trailer! We pulled over as quick as possible to a flat on the right rear of the trailer, and both ramps missing. My friend with me during the panic happen to drop all my tools out of my tool box all over the floor as well. We get the spare on and make it over to the owners house. He was really cool and had the car loaded with the parts that I was getting with the shell, but did not have ramps

He and his friend suggest we go to home depot and get wooden planks to roll the shell up the trailer. So we did, and at the same time we decided to get the spare done at walmart, This ended making the whole trip even worse becuase the lady behind the counter provided the worst service ever. However, I am pretty sure they were one of the few open on a sunday that I knew of in the area. Once we got the spare situation done, and the car loaded with the wooded planks (never again) the whole ride home ended going very smoothly. We got home at 3:30a.m. Monday morning this week, and traveled a little over 1300 miles to get heR. <br /><br />

Modified by ddwelch at 12:39 PM 1/10/2014

Doespike
Team Lazy

8671 posts [100%]
Buffalo NY
4-2-2006
 « Re: New ITR owner (ddwelch)« » Reply  Edit

Welcome to ITRCA!

Pic isn't working on this end. Looking forward to seeing heR

-Joe
Chief Lazy Officer
ITRCA, LLC.

97-00357 Born 6/2/1997.
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.

ITR Expo, ITRCA, and Team Lazy Merchandise for Sale!!

98ITRAgain

332 posts [100%]
Central FL FL
7-31-2013
 « Re: New ITR owner (Doespike)« » Reply  Edit

Hey welcome to the madness that comes with being an ITR owner
98-0189 Daily Driver

coolhandluke
Break on...

13070 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: New ITR owner (98ITRAgain)« » Reply  Edit

Congrats on the purchase! Welcome aboard, let us know if you need anything or have questions.
98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

TurboCup87

692 posts [100%]
8-1-2010
 « Re: New ITR owner (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

Welcome to ITRCA. Lots of knowledgable people here, including those two up there with thousands of posts^^

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

Ill just take a new pic and rehost. Been having problems uploading pics I take from my cell, and if they do upload they are huge.

Thanks for the warming welcomes. I will elaborate more on the car when I have time. I squeezed enough time to run out to Dallas from LC over the weekend, but now have work and other things to take care of during this week.

It was a crazy experience driving 1300 miles in only a 24 hour time frame for the first time. I had a few mishaps on the way out there too, so that was stressfull. I will edit my first post soon with the whole story of the drive.

coolhandluke
Break on...

13070 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: (ddwelch)« » Reply  Edit

Yes I'd love to hear the stories. I need to make a post about mine recent adventures as well.

FYI you can use picasa or picasaweb to edit the photos.

98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

chase_acura
Yeah Buddy

808 posts [100%]
plano tx
5-13-2005
 « « » Reply  Edit

sure you will be hitting my up for parts lol

Your Acura parts guy

Dkbmxer-88
Geaux TigeRs!

1666 posts [100%]
Bastrop La
11-15-2011

Welcome man! I really wanted this 97 shell.. good luck with her rebuild ! Any plans so far? The guy you bought it from was telling me he had a buyer with plans of a k swap... This you?
NBP ITR #01-fu thieves
CW ITR #98-0604 sold
PY ITR #01-xxxx sold
CW ITR #98-0352 sold
FBP ITR #00-0744 R.I.P
08 f150/ daily driver

PaganItr

32 posts [100%]
Framingham
8-22-2013
 « « » Reply  Edit

Congrats and welcome car looks great

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « Re: (PaganItr)« » Reply  Edit

Sorry about the pics guys. I promise today, and if not tomorrow for sure as its my day off. I will also include my story as well, because it fully sucked but was definately worth it!

Quote, originally posted by coolhandluke »
Yes I'd love to hear the stories. I need to make a post about mine recent adventures as well.

FYI you can use picasa or picasaweb to edit the photos.

Cool Ill check these out!

Quote, originally posted by chase_acura »
sure you will be hitting my up for parts lol

Lol, you bet I will. Thanks for all your help already so far. I am at work so I didnt even notice you posted pics until I quoted you and saw the code. Im gonna have to see what you posted!

Quote, originally posted by Dkbmxer-88 »
Welcome man! I really wanted this 97 shell.. good luck with her rebuild ! Any plans so far? The guy you bought it from was telling me he had a buyer with plans of a k swap... This you?

LOL, Tay had told me the same thing and I had asked if it was you. Guessed by your location posted in LA, but he said the guy with K plans was in Mass. I did a favor for a friend, who was actually personal friends with Tay in order for him to sell the car to me. It was a little bit of work on my end, but both Tay and I are glad to have made the deal.

Again, thanks for all the welcoming comments.

jorgie583

26 posts [100%]
lawrence ma
12-30-2013
 « Re: (ddwelch)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by ddwelch »
Sorry about the pics guys. I promise today, and if not tomorrow for sure as its my day off. I will also include my story as well, because it fully sucked but was definately worth it!

Cool Ill check these out!

Lol, you bet I will. Thanks for all your help already so far. I am at work so I didnt even notice you posted pics until I quoted you and saw the code. Im gonna have to see what you posted!

LOL, Tay had told me the same thing and I had asked if it was you. Guessed by your location posted in LA, but he said the guy with K plans was in Mass. I did a favor for a friend, who was actually personal friends with Tay in order for him to sell the car to me. It was a little bit of work on my end, but both Tay and I are glad to have made the deal.

Again, thanks for all the welcoming comments.

I was the buyer from Mass. and I was planning to do a k-build with it lol. Enjoy that ITR congrats.

98-0537

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

^ Thank you sir. I will try my best to enjoy it!

First post has been fixed.

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

The car also came with a trunk full of parts. I am jumping into the tucked/shaved bay thing for the first time but I am sure I will get it sorted out. The car has just been sitting in my garage the past week while I catch some more time.

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

I just cleaned and scrubbed everything off from the trip today. I think I mentioned it had a shaved and tucked bay. I will be jumping into this for the first time so I figured I would start on and finish component at a time. My first priority will be getting the brakes to function, because right now it is just free rolling around. :meh:

Once I get the brakes worked out I will finish the wiring tuck in the fenders for the front lights. I want to pull out a loan for a motor swap, but I do not think that will be a good idea. So I will probably admire it for a few weeks while I save up money, and keep planning my plan.

Dkbmxer-88
Geaux TigeRs!

1666 posts [100%]
Bastrop La
11-15-2011

Yea once he started playing mr eBay with the car i gave up trying to buy it ...
NBP ITR #01-fu thieves
CW ITR #98-0604 sold
PY ITR #01-xxxx sold
CW ITR #98-0352 sold
FBP ITR #00-0744 R.I.P
08 f150/ daily driver

coolhandluke
Break on...

13070 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: New ITR owner (Dkbmxer-88)« » Reply  Edit

The car looks great.

FYI plan to replace the front wheel bearings. They separate when the car sits without the axle / nut holding them together.

98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « Re: New ITR owner (Dkbmxer-88)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Dkbmxer-88 »
Yea once he started playing mr eBay with the car i gave up trying to buy it ...

On a postive note, at least it is still in the active community.

Quote, originally posted by coolhandluke »
The car looks great.

FYI plan to replace the front wheel bearings. They separate when the car sits without the axle / nut holding them together.

Yeah I had been victim to that previously. Good looking out!

cbaracing

84 posts [100%]
Gilbert AZ
8-19-2010

good looking R and clean bay

do you have the black piece that goes on the top of the bumper?

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

The car did not come with one, but I do have a spare one from a previous Integra. Thanks for the compliments.
 First  1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to General Discussion