New ITR ownerFirst  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post

ddwelch

117 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by bluesiguy21 »
I've seen this R go from a bare shell without even windows to a jdm front fully restored car and back to almost a bare shell again. She's had a rough life but hopefully you can bring her back.

Any more info you know would be great!!! I have quit a bit of motivation for this car

98ITRAgain

332 posts [100%]
Central FL FL
7-31-2013
 « Re: (ddwelch)« » Reply  Edit

Man that wiring harness is a mess. No leads on a harness; but will keep an eye out for you. I hate wiring issues.
98-0189 Daily Driver

ddwelch

117 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « Re: (98ITRAgain)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by 98ITRAgain »
Man that wiring harness is a mess. No leads on a harness; but will keep an eye out for you. I hate wiring issues.

Thanks, I am looking into all options (junk yard, BNIB, craigslist, ebay, etc)

navin

2012 posts [100%]
9-27-2010

fyi: 97R cabin harness is discontinued.

bluesiguy21

12 posts [100%]
Plano Tx
2-19-2014

I know it has very low miles on the shell. It was a theft recovery that sat outside of a local performance shop for a few years, no interior, no front end, no windows. Then a buddy picked it up shave and tucked it, put a jdm front, got a brand new paint job and drove it for like a year before he wrecked it, parted it all out and sold the shell. after that he bought it back wrecked still and put the 97 front on it but lost interest and sold it to the guy you bought it from. I came very close to buying it from him but the lack of ac/heater boxes, harness and shaved engine bay deterred me. Its a good looking shell though, the body and paint are in pretty good shape.

bluesiguy21

12 posts [100%]
Plano Tx
2-19-2014
 « « » Reply  Edit

here is a link from when he got it http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2754717

ddwelch

117 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « Re: (navin)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by navin »
fyi: 97R cabin harness is discontinued.

I saw that but thanks for looking out. I was looking through the thread where I belive it was you looking for a cabin harness. I am taking what coolhandluke suggested and replace everything from front to rear if I am going to replace anything. Looking into the GSR component prices.

Currently found a 97 automatic LS shell. Guy said he would sell me the complete harness from front to rear for 200, but I have to remove it
It is 40 miles away as well.

Quote, originally posted by bluesiguy21 »
I know it has very low miles on the shell. It was a theft recovery that sat outside of a local performance shop for a few years, no interior, no front end, no windows. Then a buddy picked it up shave and tucked it, put a jdm front, got a brand new paint job and drove it for like a year before he wrecked it, parted it all out and sold the shell. after that he bought it back wrecked still and put the 97 front on it but lost interest and sold it to the guy you bought it from. I came very close to buying it from him but the lack of ac/heater boxes, harness and shaved engine bay deterred me. Its a good looking shell though, the body and paint are in pretty good shape.

Thank you so much for the info. You know what part of the car was wrecked? The bodywork that was done looks very good. I had no clue of the history as the owner that I got it from seemed to not worry about the history of heR.

bluesiguy21

12 posts [100%]
Plano Tx
2-19-2014

I believe it was in the front like upper radiator support but I cant remember if it was left or right that took the majority. I don't believe it hit the frame rails.

coolhandluke
Break on...

13085 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005

I would stray away from an automatic harness. Mixing and matching years + models is a big enough gamble.
98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

ddwelch

117 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « Re: (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by coolhandluke »
I would stray away from an automatic harness. Mixing and matching years + models is a big enough gamble.

I did not like the guys attitude so I passed on it. Thanks though!

ddwelch

117 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012

So what I ordered was an autopower roll bar with a few friends down in ep. We got it shipped to a shop down there, and some other friend ended up offering me more than what I paid for it so I let it go. This gave me a chance to actually get a heart for heR. I drove to Tuscon and back Saturday for a 9 hour trip.

I really wanted a 1.8 liter but could only find swaps for sale, or the engines were just way to expensive. I feel I got this for a great price, and it only has 50k miles. The owner purchased it from Japan Star in NY two years ago, and put 12k on it. I have almost everything needed to get this into the car, so I really need to get the wring and interior figured out.

This will allow me to use my USDM ITR tranny I had in my 94 ls, and everything else I currently have (mounts, axles, linkage etc) to support it going in the the car. I hope this will help me out and get her rolling sooner than later.

ddwelch

117 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012

This is copied over from my local forum.
Quote, originally posted by "ddwelch" »
So I ordered a 97 GSR headlight harness from Josh. This was supposed to take care of my driver side tower plug problem, as well has the missing front end wiring, common ground, and pigtail components. Went to check the plugs last night and noticed the R one is smaller! I am guess due to the reduction of accessories offered. So now I have spent money and I am stuck with Mr. Rose's ideer.

Time to de-pin and pin

Quote, originally posted by "ddwelch" »
So I decided to de-pin one wire at a time and swap the needed colors over to the original type R pigtail.
Halfway done:

Finished:

Then I had to run, cut and resolder to get the nice sleeve on. I ran out of black shrink wrap and did not want to cut wires again, so there is one small portion with the wrap around loom.
Ran out the OEM grommet:

Ran through the fenders and down the the appropriate location:

Main focus right now is to get the motor in the car and get it started.

Comments are welcomed!!!

ddwelch

117 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012

Got some R888 tires mounted on the Volks. Damn garage pics are hard to take lol.

And another random of the engine.

ddwelch

117 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012

Been super busy working to buy paRts. I ended up putting the B16b into my daily Ls, so I needed another power plant. A guy local to me was selling a 96-97 spec ITR swap, but was missing the LSD and had an open diff. I figured that would give a chance to put in a LSD of my choice as well as a FD too.

I went ahead and had Carlos Zapien make my tucked harness. Nothing but excellent work/communication. I highly recommend him for tucked harness services. I did not want a quick connect harness, and it was his idea to come up with the alternative... Hopefully I will have more pics soon as well as progress now that the motor is dropped in. I am using a downstar inc fuel tuck, but got no pics of that installed.

Ktuned heater core/cable grommet used for wiring harness:

Dropped the motor in:

Got the front end put back on today:

Things needed for start up:
-Radiator + cooling lines
-Obtain batter and wire up batter relocation + charge harness
-Walbro Fuel pump
-And I think finally fluids

I have a list at work with everything noted down, and forgot it... Plan is to get it started up before the end of the year, and refresh suspension before the first race at my local track which usually takes place the third weekend of March.

GNAR!
I dont own an itr

132 posts [100%]
Downtown Las Vegas NV
5-29-2012

Cj's tucked harnesses are the best. He made my custom harness (similar to how the Js racing itr harness is) and quality is great.

NWP profile/vouches

HondaRcB

1161 posts [100%]
Henrico VA
12-5-2002
 « Re: (GNAR!)« » Reply  Edit

Looking good man.
Integras rock.

coolhandluke
Break on...

13085 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: (HondaRcB)« » Reply  Edit

This is coming along! Nice work.
98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

Doespike
Team Lazy

8685 posts [100%]
Buffalo NY
4-2-2006

Good progress!! Great to have a heart in heR
-Joe
Chief Lazy Officer
ITRCA, LLC.

97-00357 Born 6/2/1997.
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
12-4174 CR-Zed

ITR Expo, ITRCA, and Team Lazy Merchandise for Sale!!

ddwelch

117 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

Thanks fellas. It feels like the goal is more achievable with just the engine sitting in there.

Danger19
Danger, out!

260 posts [100%]
Stockton ca
9-7-2014

Nice work!
00 Acura Integra Type R #0000

Instagram : danger19 <- follow my progress there.

First  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to General Discussion