logo

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help Quick Reply
 New ITR ownerFirst  < 2 3 4   Last
Author Post

jdm-jerm

127 posts [100%]
7-28-2009
 « Re: (ddwelch)« » Reply  Edit

Nice!! cant wait to pick up another one.
CW 98-1058 Sold
FBP 00-0083

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « Re: (jdm-jerm)« » Reply  Edit

Got it fired up two weeks ago. Been chasing electrical gremlins still. When I first started the car I had no tach, pegged H on coolant temp, and oil light was on. After checking with a manual gauge that I had pressure, we started chasing down the wiring. I have the Tach and oil light fixed now, but still need to fix the temp gauge wiring and CEL. Sorry for the delay of updates!

I hate posting pics cuz they always come out like doodoo.

IntegraDA05
Brickner

6 posts [100%]
Dallas/TX Omaha/NE
11-16-2014
 « Re: (jdm-jerm)« » Reply  Edit

Look'n Great brotha, can't wait to take a Ride in this at ASR 👍
Wife's Track Vehicle #teambrickner 90' Honda Civic Si - R Spec, Spoon Sports, J's Racing, Defi, Advan + so much more.

orlandodc2

75 posts [100%]
del rio tx
3-2-2015
 « « » Reply  Edit

Digging the valve cover!

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « Re: (orlandodc2)« » Reply  Edit

Thanks but I messed it up. I need to get it re dipped. I need to update the thread too. Sorry fellas.

coolhandluke
Break on...

13068 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: (ddwelch)« » Reply  Edit

Re: Pegged temp H:
-Is the gauge cluster original?
-Check the temp signal unit in the head (single wire connection)
98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « Re: (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

Sorry it has been a while since the last update.

Quote, originally posted by coolhandluke »
Re: Pegged temp H:
-Is the gauge cluster original?
-Check the temp signal unit in the head (single wire connection)

It ended up being the green filter on the back of cluster. I am pretty sure cluster is not OG as well.

So it took me way longer than expected to get everything figured out.
I changed up the bay a little:

First time I drove heR:

Second drive was to get an alignment:

Was running good, and then started running like shit. Found out one of the injectors eventually got clogged. Replaced the little screen caps on the top of each filter and it started running good again. Till they eventually got clogged again. Decided to drop the tank to take a looksi and this was the fuel pump and bracket that was removed :/

Got an ebay replacement take which did not allow the oem fuel level sensor to fit in the designated hole so I capped it and finally got to track it. Sorry no action shots.

Got the caR tuned, put down 185whp. However I had to reduce it as low as possible for my class at the track and am currently at 173 whp. Pulled off the spoon muffler and finally installed the Checkerdsports Ti exhaust that I had been sitting on forever.

I will try to keep up with this thread more regularly, but its been at least 5 weeks since I have taken a drive.

itr #1334
curves

3390 posts [100%]
BFE
3-31-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Looking good!
01-0864 Import Alliance only caR
98-0197 Soddy daisy street warz
98-0965 Rainbow is ALIVE!!

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « Re: (itr #1334)« » Reply  Edit

Thanks!

white rocket
White Collar Racing

1001 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
1-21-2005
 « « » Reply  Edit

Great stuff. Guaranteed the cleanest engine bay at the track
Beautiful
http://www.garagefive.net

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

60 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: (white rocket)« » Reply  Edit

We shall compare one day at the track ddwelch!

Funny how similar it looks to mine besides the battery location. Are your brake lines and fuse box inside the car? That's pretty much where mine are, but they are hidden behind the center console.

92 GSR Civic - Daily
97 ITR - Track Car/Weekend car
93 J32 Civic SI - Time Attack! @guess_work_racing

The "All Stock" USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Will go on about re-sale value even though no one else cares.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

white rocket
White Collar Racing

1001 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
1-21-2005
 « « » Reply  Edit

^^oh damn! Shave/tuck bay showoff at the next track event

Curious if either of you have run into any issues being that things like brakes lines, wiring, etc is all tucked away and perhaps annoying to get at for diagnosis purposes? My OCD cleanliness loves the tucked look but have always steered due to the inconvenience of doing it and maintaining it. Plus my wife thinks that spending money on stuff that doesn't make it faster is just stupid

ddwelch

114 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012

Quote, originally posted by white rocket »

Curious if either of you have run into any issues being that things like brakes lines, wiring, etc is all tucked away and perhaps annoying to get at for diagnosis purposes? My OCD cleanliness loves the tucked look but have always steered due to the inconvenience of doing it and maintaining it. Plus my wife thinks that spending money on stuff that doesn't make it faster is just stupid

While I would have never shaved or tucked a bay myself, I could not pass up the opportunity to save a 97. At the time I had the availability to get an R, this 97 popped up for sale. All the body work, and bay shave was complete. However, I had to go back through and complete wiring, and getting the brakes operational. It took more money than expected and WAY more time to trouble shoot the brakes, which eventually led to me replacing everything and redoing lines. I could not give up on it though and it has been very reliable since going over everything.

white rocket
White Collar Racing

1001 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
1-21-2005
 « « » Reply  Edit

^^I figured as much. Thanks for chiming in

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

60 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013

Quote, originally posted by white rocket »

I lucked out with my car. Wiring was done right by previous owner (asianG) so I have not had an issue. The brake lines I would not recommend hiding though. It has benefits such as the manifold not being in the way to take the prop valve out, but if I had a factory car I would just keep it in factory location in case of a brake line failure (easier to replace). I would still chuck the abs controller and do an RS prop valve/base model brake lines though. The benefit of having it inside is it's much easier to work on. I can get to every line on my prop valve from inside the car. As to the shaved bay I also would probably never actually spend money to do so, BUT since it was already done prior I don't mind it. I just like that all the factory shit that's unnecessary is gone. My car is 2200lbs at the moment.

92 GSR Civic - Daily
97 ITR - Track Car/Weekend car
93 J32 Civic SI - Time Attack! @guess_work_racing

The "All Stock" USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Will go on about re-sale value even though no one else cares.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

white rocket
White Collar Racing

1001 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
1-21-2005
 « « » Reply  Edit

^^Nice! Agreed about the wiring and how sketchy it can get if not done properly. Not into the whole shaved look but I can dig on the neat and tidiness of tucking and removing things.
 First  < 2 3 4   Last

» Return to General Discussion