#126 ITR --- I'm the owner. Herro.First  1 2 >  Last
Author Post

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

68 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
  #126 ITR --- I'm the owner. Herro. + J32 Civic Time Attack car« » Reply  Edit

Hello all. If anyone was ever wondering what happened to that 126 ITR look no further. Also, I may have met some of you at Expo last year at Road America. I was in the white hatchback with yellow wheels.......this car.

For those of you that are fairly active on this forum you would know that Brian aka AsianG sold his 126 ITR back in November 2013. I was lucky enough to get his attention because I told him I would turn this into a track car and would definitely stay active in the community, plus he and I knew Andy Meek (yellow/orange ITR) so immediately I felt I had a chance to buy this car. Yes, this is the shaved bay JDM fronted 97. Love it or hate it. I don't care. It will still fly past your stock R. I figured I would post here just to show what all has been done to the car since it was sold to me as a shell. I basically replaced everything that needed replacing. I plan on running this in TTD through NASA. It isn't quite done due to another project which I'll post at the end.

Picking her up.

There's my dad getting in the picture.......

Here's Brian and me

When I got back in town garage space was pretty limited where I was staying so the shell ended up in a small storage space on a lot that my dad owns. No electricity, extremely dirty, not very secure either.

Since I wanted to get the car out of this storage space I got to work right away.

Repainted all the front suspension arms and replaced all the bushings

New PIC coilovers

New rear rotors

Putting it back together!

Traded the gray wheels for some white ones.

Rolling again!

Since this is going to be a TTD car I opted for a simple B18c motor from hmotorsonline.com.

At this point I'm too excited to get the car done, so I got some help from a local shop to help make it go a little faster (I'm an impatient builder, just want to drive it). Since the engine bay is shaved the battery is located in the front right of the car. I had some assistance remaking a battery holder (welded it to the car for better securty).

First day driving it

Finished result

I plan on running this in TTD this year. I feel it will class much better than my GSR hatch since the ITR came with a better OEM setup. I plan on rocking the JDM front look as I've always preferred it.

As I stated above I've been very busy with another build at the same time building the ITR. No it's not my GSR Civic, but it is another Civic. While I love NASA, I'm a sucker for time attack. I've been turning this little guy into a wannabe time attack car. It's going to Road Atlanta here in about a month.

J32a2 tuned on AEM stand alone. Made 270hp/220tq. Ran 11.9 @ 118 as a full interior street car. I converted it to a road race car using my old suspension setup from my now retired GSR Civic. I had to remove various drag related parts off the car such as the nitrous and traction bar.

Keep in mind I was in the process of buying this car/building it while finishing the ITR. Had to work extremely hard to afford parts for both cars.

And for those curious ----- Street FWD weight. No driver. Still need lightweight battery, fiberglass hood, undercoat sound deadening delete, lighter calipers, lighter seats, and a chromoly cage in the future. Hoping to get down to 2000lbs or possibly lower. With me in the car the distribution is approx 66/34 which is almost identical to my GSR setup with no cage.

I plan on going all out on this car and making it as fast as I possibly can for street tire class within my budget. Most frown on the v6, but eh once again, don't care.

Anyways, use this forum post as a 126 ITR record I suppose. I have no intention of selling the ITR and I want to run it at as many tracks as possible till its possible death. The goal for the car is to get the TTD record times for central region. Hoping to do my best with it. :D

<br /><br />
Modified by Sort of Fast at 11:57 PM 3/29/2015<br /><br />
Modified by Sort of Fast at 11:59 PM 3/29/2015

Modified by Sort of Fast at 12:51 PM 7/17/2015

navin

2012 posts [100%]
9-27-2010
 « « » Reply  Edit

wow, the hatch is pretty lightweight with the v6 motor in it.

Asian G
Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew X

627 posts [100%]
Heartland of US
8-24-2003
 « Re: #126 ITR --- I'm the owner. Herro. (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

Finally... you made a post about 0126's rebuild. Looking very sharp buddy and glad to see her in the right hands. The sussy bushings def needed replacement, I could feel the ass end want to give out at Mid-Ohio Expo 12 & Heartland Park. Glad you kept it simple & clean. There will always be shaved bay haters, I didn't care, everyone gives everyone shit, we're all just family, but it def made it so much easier to get around inside the engine bay . Plus good seeing the R back out on the roads. Hope to see her at Expo 15.
Brian
US ARMY Veteran
Brothers In Arms Strategic

98 CW-R 0647. Under Construction......
00 PY-R 0747. Gone & missing her.
97 CW-R 0126. She's in good hands.
01 PY-R 0330. My first love.

itr #1334
curves

3445 posts [100%]
BFE Nebraska
3-31-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Solid updates!
01-0864 Import Alliance only caR
98-0197 Soddy daisy street warz
98-0965 Rainbow is ALIVE!!
00-1587 Type Rice
01-0629 Hail Central

naixed
crayon

75 posts [100%]
from the city of
11-7-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

JDM front looks so delicious

krazychowmein

164 posts [100%]
5-1-2010
 « « » Reply  Edit

Nice!

Just curious where did you find PIC's brand new?

Doespike
Team Lazy

8684 posts [100%]
Buffalo NY
4-2-2006
 « Re: #126 ITR --- I'm the owner. Herro. (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

Congrats on getting her rolling again! Looks good with the CW wheels again.

Here are pics of 00126 under the original owner, Mike.
http://donkeymotorsports.com/M...s.htm

His buddy Rich and him bought their '97s new on the same day. Other one is 00139. I have a pic of them both on the dealer lot somewhere, need to find it..

-Joe
Chief Lazy Officer
ITRCA, LLC.

97-00357 Born 6/2/1997.
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
12-4174 CR-Zed

ITR Expo, ITRCA, and Team Lazy Merchandise for Sale!!

white rocket
White Collar Racing

1010 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
1-21-2005
 « « » Reply  Edit

Congrats on the purchase! Car looks great. Shaved bay is fine. If anything it cleans it up a bit. I'm curious about the brake lines though. Soft lines? banjos on the MC? I'm eager to hear if that set up is reliable.
http://www.garagefive.net

Danger19
Danger, out!

260 posts [100%]
Stockton ca
9-7-2014
 « Re: #126 ITR --- I'm the owner. Herro. (Doespike)« » Reply  Edit

Good save!
00 Acura Integra Type R #0000

Instagram : danger19 <- follow my progress there.

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

68 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: #126 ITR --- I'm the owner. Herro. (Asian G)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Asian G »
Finally... you made a post about 0126's rebuild. Looking very sharp buddy and glad to see her in the right hands. The sussy bushings def needed replacement, I could feel the ass end want to give out at Mid-Ohio Expo 12 & Heartland Park. Glad you kept it simple & clean. There will always be shaved bay haters, I didn't care, everyone gives everyone shit, we're all just family, but it def made it so much easier to get around inside the engine bay . Plus good seeing the R back out on the roads. Hope to see her at Expo 15.

Thanks! Yeah the shaved bay makes working on the car so much easier. I love how the previous owner got rid of all the bs parts that aren't needed in the engine bay too with the custom brake lines. I plan on going this year for sure. Never been to Gingerman. It looks pretty fun.

Quote, originally posted by krazychowmein »
Nice!

Just curious where did you find PIC's brand new?

I bought them early last year from the site. I did notice that once I bought them, it was no longer available at all. Are they out of business now? I see their product line is all sold out now.

Quote, originally posted by Doespike »
Congrats on getting her rolling again! Looks good with the CW wheels again.

Here are pics of 00126 under the original owner, Mike.
http://donkeymotorsports.com/M...s.htm

His buddy Rich and him bought their '97s new on the same day. Other one is 00139. I have a pic of them both on the dealer lot somewhere, need to find it..

This is cool! I had seen somewhat older pics when it had the JDM front with the built b series. I'm curious if anyone ever got pics of the work in progress when they shaved the bay and repainted it.

Quote, originally posted by white rocket »
Congrats on the purchase! Car looks great. Shaved bay is fine. If anything it cleans it up a bit. I'm curious about the brake lines though. Soft lines? banjos on the MC? I'm eager to hear if that set up is reliable.

Thanks! I'm unsure about reliability. I guess as long as it doesn't leak...lol. I would have no problem converting back to oem if it gives me trouble. The brakes feel solid to me. I'm happy it doesn't have abs though. Certainly cleans up the bay and reduces the weight.

Dkbmxer-88
Geaux TigeRs!

1672 posts [100%]
Bastrop La
11-15-2011
 « Re: #126 ITR --- I'm the owner. Herro. (Danger19)« » Reply  Edit

Glad to see she is back on the road!
NBP ITR #01-fu thieves
CW ITR #98-0604 sold
PY ITR #01-xxxx sold
CW ITR #98-0352 sold
FBP ITR #00-0744 R.I.P
08 f150/ daily driver

krazychowmein

164 posts [100%]
5-1-2010
 « « » Reply  Edit

Yeah it was about a year ago I was trying to order the PIC bushing set I spoke with the individual on the phone and he said he was going to email me. This was after I emailed the general email twice. From what I heard/read they were having their challenges. Nice pick up!

coolhandluke
Break on...

13077 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: (krazychowmein)« » Reply  Edit

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2308 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

F yeah!

Likes all around

98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

68 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Update!« » Reply  Edit

Been awhile since I posted. Just thought I would give everyone an update. Currently the car has been corner balanced, aligned, installed strut bar, and new rear pads. I'm probably going to replace the brake fluid soon and possibly the front pads. Other than that it should be ready for expo this year. I have to say the car handles very well. It feels much more rigid than my white gsr Civic. I'm very excited to see how it performs at Gingerman.

This is the weight with no driver --- Corner balance not started yet. Also, the numbers are flipped. We initially plugged the cables in wrong.

On another note my J32 Civic did very well at Road Atlanta this year. I ran a 1:38.7 on street tires. The car had only been to 1 track prior to the event so I did not have much seat time in the car. There is still a lot of work to be done to the car. Next event is at Nola Motorsports Park. I'm very excited to see how it performs!

Andy and I chillin

Best lap time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9gQh2m8SU

coolhandluke
Break on...

13077 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: Update! (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

Excellent updates. I'm thrilled to hear we will have more Kansas area attendance. The RA times are solid, I spy a shot with Candy Andy.
98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

Doespike
Team Lazy

8684 posts [100%]
Buffalo NY
4-2-2006
 « Re: Update! (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by coolhandluke »
Excellent updates.

Deuce
-Joe
Chief Lazy Officer
ITRCA, LLC.

97-00357 Born 6/2/1997.
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
12-4174 CR-Zed

ITR Expo, ITRCA, and Team Lazy Merchandise for Sale!!

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

68 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Update« » Reply  Edit

Doing some autocross in prep for Expo. Just testing it out. I was impressed by this car. Came top 10 out of 55 entries. Rears kept locking on me, but I'm running HP plus rears and stock fronts. My dtc60s are on the time attack car. :D

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

68 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: #126 ITR --- I'm the owner. Herro. + J32 Civic Time Attack car (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

Update:

ITR Expo pics and lap. Never got around to uploading these. Met so many amazing people like always. One of the most chill track events I've been to this year. Posting up Nola Motorsports Park pics after these.

Best time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaDi0EEdlU0

-- Not quite the best setup I think. Since then I've actually softened the front springs to 10k and the rear is now at 12k. Initial turn in is actually better paired with the factory sway bars. The tune is terrible compared to my GSR. I have no power below 6k rpm and the gearing is the 4.4 final. Next will be hondata and header/exhuast to get more mid range power.

92 GSR Civic - Daily
97 ITR - Track Car/Weekend car
93 J32 Civic SI - Time Attack!

The USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Will go on about re-sale value even though no one else cares.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
http://www.tracktuned.com/feed...ype-r

Rboosted717
Integra Fanaticus

597 posts [100%]
CA
7-24-2011
 « Re: #126 ITR --- I'm the owner. Herro. + J32 Civic Time Attack car (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

I totally forgot about this thread. I knew Rich and Mike personally from a long...LONG time ago. In fact, I met them both a few months after they got the ITR's (they only lived about an hour or so away).

I'll have to do some digging on an old hard drive but I have lots of pictures of this car in various stages of development. Mike and Rich were probably the first guys to do over the top "high dollar/no expense spared" builds of ITR's. Also both of these cars were heavily used by Comptech for development purposes. They were never really used for racing purposes but rather for magazine shoots and car shows. However, they did occasionally visit an autoX or a random track day.

Such a small world we live in...

1998 ITR #108 "The Edmunds.com Collector Car"
1998 ITR #717 "For Drag Racing/Time Attack"
1998 ITR #731 "Retired Spa Francorchamps 24hr #38 - Hein/Green/Blackman & SPEED World Challenge Touring/Endurance Car #31"
1999 GSR "The Daily Driver/ITR Clone"
2010 BMW X5M "The Other Daily Driver & Race Car Tow Truck"
2008 CLK63 Black Series "For laughs and fun times"
http://www.lawrencebuilt.com

First  1 2 >  Last

» Return to General Discussion