Author Post

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

61 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « « » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Rboosted717 »
I totally forgot about this thread. I knew Rich and Mike personally from a long...LONG time ago. In fact, I met them both a few months after they got the ITR's (they only lived about an hour or so away).

I'll have to do some digging on an old hard drive but I have lots of pictures of this car in various stages of development. Mike and Rich were probably the first guys to do over the top "high dollar/no expense spared" builds of ITR's. Also both of these cars were heavily used by Comptech for development purposes. They were never really used for racing purposes but rather for magazine shoots and car shows. However, they did occasionally visit an autoX or a random track day.

Such a small world we live in...

Any idea which owner did the JDM conversion? I still can't believe how good of a job they did. It looks factory. That would be cool to see pics of that. That and the shaved bay process.
92 GSR Civic - Daily
97 ITR - Track Car/Weekend car
93 J32 Civic SI - Time Attack! @guess_work_racing

The "All Stock" USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Will go on about re-sale value even though no one else cares.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

61 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

Been awhile since I've had an update on this. So far I've put about 3k miles on the car. I took it to several autocross events this year after changing the front spring rate to 10k front.

We have a large turnout for Wichita SCCA!

Also, took it down to see what HP it's making. Pleased to say it's making well over what I thought it was making. It's at 180whp currently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y96c_02-mXo

Then took it down to Hallett for summer shootout, but as luck would have it I broke the clutch after one session! So my day ended very early.

Had to drive it home with the clutch unable to disengage.

Then got to work right away.

Found the problem.

Picked up some new wheels while I was at it. I needed some 15x7 wheels that were 5 lug.

New Exedy clutch and ACT flywheel. Almost done!

Done!!

Decided to clean her up a bit. Cleaned out the engine bay too since #becauseshowcar

Currently just breaking in the clutch and driving it around town.

And she has a new garage next to the time attack Civic!

Modified by Sort of Fast at 5:24 AM 9/7/2016

92 GSR Civic - Daily

The "All Stock" USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

61 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re:« » Reply  Edit

Finally got my revenge at Hallett even though it wasn't a NASA event. Took the ITR out to the last HST event of the year. We ran the track CW this time and had a lot of fun. I went out with a friend who has a Mazdaspeed Miata.

Watch ITR video here--->>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WukyWoB_als <<<<<<<---

Lap time of 1:30.3 was the best I ran on some 3 year old NT01's. I think with 4.7 final drive and a little less weight it will go much faster.
TTD classing for next year I'll have to drop the JDM front to run slicks which I'm considering. I have a USDM front for it, but I want to find a way to just make it a bolt on for NASA only, then use the JDM front for driving around. Just looks so much better.

Just for reference the J series Civic ran 1:28.0 on 225 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec II's with no aero with a lot of room for improvement.

92 GSR Civic - Daily

#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2212 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: Re: (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

Why do you have to change the front to run slicks?

98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

61 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: Re: (RTW DC2R)« » Reply  Edit

I'm going off of points and NASA rules state that the front end conversion is a "change in the aero fascia" which I take 3 points for..and I'll probably be called out on it if the car does well and I don't account for the "modified" front end. So by gaining 3 points back by tossing a USDM front I can run better tires. It's pretty dumb, but I was going to find a way to run the JDM core support, USDM front, and no headlights. The hood may need aero latches to make this actually work...lol.
92 GSR Civic - Daily

#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

61 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013

Update on J series car. A lot has happened since last post.

5 lug conversion for front -- Tire/Wheel options better for street FF. Long term the plan is 18x10's I think for 285's

Ebay fiberglass sunroof delete.

Road Atlanta 2016 GTA

LAP ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tacyvqc0Hc

World Honda Meet 2016! Only did Vtec Club Time Attack. Group N class first place.

LAP--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHh_1HQyMw

After Vtec Club decided it was time for some aero

Used an Ebay lip for the air dam. Had to lower it about .5" to be flush with the splitter. 5" ground clearance.

In prep for SuperLap Battle took it down to Nola Motorsports Park for testing....however the car had other plans. Made it one lap and the motor blew up. We believe it was due to bad fuel, ring land failure or piston cracked. I did get one track shot though.

We had to get a motor ordered....so through LKQ motors another $500 motor. Same J32a2 going in for now.

So in prep for SuperLap Battle we did one dyno session, threw it on the trailer and took it to California. No aero testing, same tires used at Road Atlanta, Gingerman, and the few laps at Nola.

Practice session I managed one clean lap 1:59.2, then in the first lap in the timed session I ran 1:56.9 which ended up being my best time of the event.

So much potential in this swap. I'm actually amazed no one has really bothered to try this out. Next year the plan is to hit 52s. I think it can do it NA, but I'll be focusing on grip, brakes, and weight. Possible I may do a J35 swap. So much to do.

Hope this gives a benchmark for anyone wanting to go J series.

Lap--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gwrg8EZ4EM

92 GSR Civic - Daily

#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2212 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002

98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

61 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: Re: (RTW DC2R)« » Reply  Edit

Happy new year all. Hope to hit Expo for 2017. GTA is not running Nola this year, so I should be able to make it I think. Sad I missed VIR this year

Took the ITR out for a long drive today. I can't wait to track it again. Behind is the retired GSR Civic as my daily.

This year was awesome for the V6 Civic! I plan on a lot more for the car.

92 GSR Civic - Daily

#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

coolhandluke
Break on...

13072 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005

Beautiful caR. I dig the car lineup.
98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

ddwelch

115 posts [100%]
Las Cruces NM
2-24-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

I seen your build but never commented. You weigh 2200 you said? Mine weighs 2318 with near a full tank. Whats your interior look like?

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

61 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: (ddwelch)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by ddwelch »
I seen your build but never commented. You weigh 2200 you said? Mine weighs 2318 with near a full tank. Whats your interior look like?

Pretty much nothing there. Just 2 front seats and a dash/door panels. I do have the headliner installed though. I plan on putting more front interior in the car.

It's 2200 with 1/8th of a tank currently. When I initially weighed it with a half tank it was about 2250, but I had heavier wheels and a heavier driver seat at the time.

My goal is about 50lbs lighter for TTD as I'm just going for less weight and better gears.

92 GSR Civic - Daily

#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

First  < 1 2   Last

» Return to General Discussion