2016 HPDE schedulesFirst  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2312 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: 2016 HPDE schedules (RTW DC2R)« » Reply  Edit

Registered for the Track Night at NJMP for next week May 11th. Would love to roll with some other Rs instead of chasing around FRS, BRZ, miatas and fire breathing turbo swapped MR2s all night lol.
98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

BLacK FirE

792 posts [100%]
7-2-2008

Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R »
Registered for the Track Night at NJMP for next week May 11th. Would love to roll with some other Rs instead of chasing around FRS, BRZ, miatas and fire breathing turbo swapped MR2s all night lol.

Very tempting, but not sure if I worked out my current coolant issue. Haven't been able to put any real miles on with the weather lately

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2312 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: 2016 HPDE schedules (BLacK FirE)« » Reply  Edit

I hear you. I have some brake issues to sort out but I should be able to get to that sometime between now and then. And at $150 for 3-4 sessions, cant beat it.
98-0034 - Track Daze y0

Crazyjetsfan

150 posts [100%]
NY NY
5-9-2013

I hear you. I have some brake issues to sort out but I should be able to get to that sometime between now and then. And at $150 for 3-4 sessions, cant beat it.

Later in the year i plan to do some of those track Night events if i can.

Thinking NJMP Thunder with NASA on June 18th and 19th is my next event for anyone interested. I will be at Palmer with Chin motorsports this weekend

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2312 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: 2016 HPDE schedules (Crazyjetsfan)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Crazyjetsfan »

Later in the year i plan to do some of those track Night events if i can.

Thinking NJMP Thunder with NASA on June 18th and 19th is my next event for anyone interested. I will be at Palmer with Chin motorsports this weekend

I thought about doing the Chin event but this weekend is no good.

Track Night will be at Palmer and I will be attending that event. Not sure about NASA events. Why pay 300+ when you can pay $150 for Track Nights? We'll see.

98-0034 - Track Daze y0

Crazyjetsfan

150 posts [100%]
NY NY
5-9-2013

I thought about doing the Chin event but this weekend is no good.

Track Night will be at Palmer and I will be attending that event. Not sure about NASA events. Why pay 300+ when you can pay $150 for Track Nights? We'll see.

Middle of the week nonsense is what hard for me to get the time off.
Also track time for Chin was redic. I had 6 hours of time on track for two days which is the most for any organization.

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2312 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002

Middle of the week nonsense is what hard for me to get the time off.
Also track time for Chin was redic. I had 6 hours of time on track for two days which is the most for any organization.

I wouldnt trust my caR with that much track time right now lol. Couple little gremlins popping up that I gotta take care of. Yeah Chin sounds legit. I was in contact with the director who was able to let me bypass all the novice stuff for new members which is good. Just a matter of sorting out the car more and picking a date with them. I really want to do Watkins with them later in the year. Hopefully get a little group or Rs together for it.

Hit me up next time you go out. Im holding off until after Memorial weekend to touch my car but after that its game on again. Track Night is at NJMP 6/22 and then Palmer 6/23. I'll probably do the Palmer event because its about the same distance and I really want to drive that track.

98-0034 - Track Daze y0

Crazyjetsfan

150 posts [100%]
NY NY
5-9-2013

I wouldnt trust my caR with that much track time right now lol. Couple little gremlins popping up that I gotta take care of. Yeah Chin sounds legit. I was in contact with the director who was able to let me bypass all the novice stuff for new members which is good. Just a matter of sorting out the car more and picking a date with them. I really want to do Watkins with them later in the year. Hopefully get a little group or Rs together for it.

Hit me up next time you go out. Im holding off until after Memorial weekend to touch my car but after that its game on again. Track Night is at NJMP 6/22 and then Palmer 6/23. I'll probably do the Palmer event because its about the same distance and I really want to drive that track.

The drive to Palmer is much easier than to NJMP in my opinion.
I would say do Palmer its fun track for sure!

My next two events i think are
6/18, 6/19 at NJMP (thunderbolt) with NASA
7/23,7/24 at Palmer with NASA

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2312 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002

Any serious damage on your car from the tire wall at Palmer? Pretty solid hit you took there.
98-0034 - Track Daze y0

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2312 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002

Added Track Time 4 Cars events. Relatively cheap compared to others but typically only Advanced drivers allowed.
98-0034 - Track Daze y0

gooch98gsr
www.mpluciano.com

121 posts [100%]
FARRR EAST NJ
5-21-2012

Hey guys! Anyone have anything planned for this month? I should have my heat soak and braking issues sorted out by next weekend so considering the HOD super mega Pocono configuration:

https://www.hookedondriving.co...ourse

Looks fun.

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2312 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: 2016 HPDE schedules (gooch98gsr)« » Reply  Edit

Wuddup!

Cant do that weekend with HOD. Its also pretty expensive but the configuration looks fun.

Can you do week day events? TNIA is at Pocono on 7/11 and that was a fun event a couple weeks ago. Dual infield config but not quite as long as the HOD config.

Otherwise the next weekend event I really want to do is NASA at Palmer. Cant wait to drive that track and willing to pay more for that one.

98-0034 - Track Daze y0

Crazyjetsfan

150 posts [100%]
NY NY
5-9-2013

Otherwise the next weekend event I really want to do is NASA at Palmer. Cant wait to drive that track and willing to pay more for that one.

Do it ! Do it! Track is a blast so worth it! Ill be there as well with my Honda Challange friends

gooch98gsr
www.mpluciano.com

121 posts [100%]
FARRR EAST NJ
5-21-2012

Wuddup!

Cant do that weekend with HOD. Its also pretty expensive but the configuration looks fun.

Can you do week day events? TNIA is at Pocono on 7/11 and that was a fun event a couple weeks ago. Dual infield config but not quite as long as the HOD config.

Yeah that is expensive. I like Pocono because if the car fails on me, I can almost walk home. I can do weekdays normally but would have to take a sick day at work since I already filled up my calendar with EXPO days and a trip back to AZ to visit the family.

Palmer is very tempting. Been wanting to drive that track for sometime and watching Dave's onboard videos really gave me an idea of how challenging it is with all those ups and downs and blind crests.

Do it ! Do it! Track is a blast so worth it! Ill be there as well with my Honda Challange friends

Are you going for the whole weekend? I think I could pull off one day, and likely Saturday so I can still get the car stored again and get back to city life shortly after.

I have to map it out and see what commute is like. Is there a recommended hotel near by?

I think we can make this happen

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2312 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: 2016 HPDE schedules (gooch98gsr)« » Reply  Edit

I shot Dave a PM with my number. Mike I'll do the same to you so we can try to coordinate.

This year I have been doing the SCCA Track Night events during the week because they are cheap, easy (no class sessions or instructors), and I have flexibility with work. Weekend events are typically much more expensive but you get more track time. Track Night events are about an hour of track time. Ive wanted to do Palmer since I saw BigStu's video there I think from last year. So Im willing to splurge on a weekend Palmer event because that track looks damn fun.

Got some time to plan this (and save up a few bucks) to make it happen. Lets see what we can do

98-0034 - Track Daze y0

BLacK FirE

792 posts [100%]
7-2-2008

This year I have been doing the SCCA Track Night events during the week because they are cheap, easy (no class sessions or instructors), and I have flexibility with work.

I did not know that about instructors. Don't know how I'd feel doing a track for the first time without one.

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2312 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002

Quote, originally posted by BLacK FirE »

I did not know that about instructors. Don't know how I'd feel doing a track for the first time without one.

You can request instructors if you want. The Novice group also has class sessions and lead/follow pace laps before their first session. Ive driven 3 new tracks this year (one was in a downpour) and usually just take it easy the first session to feel things out.

98-0034 - Track Daze y0

BLacK FirE

792 posts [100%]
7-2-2008

Registered for the 9/13 at poconos. Finally getting back on track

coolhandluke
Break on...

13085 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005

Quote, originally posted by BLacK FirE »
Registered for the 9/13 at poconos. Finally getting back on track

98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

WheelPowerRacing

332 posts [100%]
Monroe VA
12-6-2010
 « « » Reply  Edit

Turn 1 at Carolina Motorsports Park. Andrew Meek & I save up our instructor credits thru out the year and generally have a Honda group day there in the fall/early winter. I have several of these vouchers I could sell. We haven't set the 2016 date yet http://www.carolinamotorsports....html

Turn 1
September 9

September 16
(We will have Lemons Practice Group)

September 23 (Lump Practice)

October 14 (Lump Practice)

November 3

November 11 (Lump Practice)-12 (Open Wheel)

December 2(Open Wheel)-3 (Lump)

​December 21 (Open Wheel)

Bryan
WheelPower Racing
http://www.facebook.com/wheelpowerracing
1994 Civic TTD
 First  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Events and Meets