logo

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help Quick Reply
 ITR Expo 16 UpdatesFirst  < 2 3 4   Last
Author Post

Outrun

835 posts [100%]
1-17-2008
 « Re: (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

Registered as a guest, even though I most likely won't make it. Have a fun and safe event everyone.
"Who killed Vincent Chin? Was it them? Was it us, not giving enough of a f*** to stand up?"

cheezthis

3155 posts [5000%]
Chicago IL
11-11-2002
 « Re: (Outrun)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Outrun »
Registered as a guest, even though I most likely won't make it. Have a fun and safe event everyone.

It would be amazing if you pulled off such a trip. Hopefully, next year will be easier for you.
http://www.itrexpo.com

brand0n
Lemon Skin

618 posts [100%]
Pa
8-3-2008
 « Re: (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by coolhandluke »

Great news! I want to say thank you for the community for driving attendance by reaching out to friends and through social media. Essess Autoworks, VPR Motorsports, Brandon, and Ryan, just to name a few.

Blushes

-Brandon

98-0223
InnovativeMotorworks//

gooch98gsr
www.mpluciano.com

121 posts [100%]
FARRR EAST NJ
5-21-2012
 « Re: (cheezthis)« » Reply  Edit

yay!!! Glad we made the bare minimum. I find the ITR Expo's have the best value $ per $ for track days. Way cheaper than any comparable events to be found on the N. east coast, and with such great tracks. I cannot understand why people aren't signing up sooner/committing to driving.

Quote, originally posted by cheezthis »
There are many ITR owners who don't want to track their cars like they did years ago.

this doesn't register with me, especially since this car's roots/purpose are derived from the racetrack. Do you think it's because lots of these people haven't been on track and therefore not bitten by the bug yet? Or could it be more show cars than go cars? Are people now restoring them and trying not mess them up at all for collector resale value?

Maybe offering Hyper Drives like NASA does could get more people interested in the track portion from one year to the next. Or maybe some sort of ride along program? They just need a taste.

Anyways, I'm still always impressed and appreciative of all the stuff the expo staff (sponsors and support) are able to pull together for so little money each year. Ever since attending my first EXPO in 2013 it's ALL I think about all year. YOU GUYS F'ING ROCK!!!

LoooseIS

518 posts [100%]
Phoenix AZ
9-11-2009
 « Re: (gooch98gsr)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by gooch98gsr »

yay!!! Glad we made the bare minimum. I find the ITR Expo's have the best value $ per $ for track days. Way cheaper than any comparable events to be found on the N. east coast, and with such great tracks. I cannot understand why people aren't signing up sooner/committing to driving.

this doesn't register with me, especially since this car's roots/purpose are derived from the racetrack. Do you think it's because lots of these people haven't been on track and therefore not bitten by the bug yet? Or could it be more show cars than go cars? Are people now restoring them and trying not mess them up at all for collector resale value?

Bingo...

When I was at Eibach last weekend I started asking about how many people tracked their cars...our of the 50+ ITRs there, there were maybe 5 that had evidence of being tracked regularly. I asked the question point blank to a group of people if they would consider tracking their car and why or why not, one of the answers stood out to me. They actually felt that they were 'purists' in the sense that they keep the cars stock, and enjoy them and keep them safe and free of damage...

....I almost choked, but maintained my composure and simply replied that many more people would actually say that tracking these cars is more of a 'purist' approach and that they were designed to be flogged and beat on repeatedly.

Yes the hard part is that parts that break that are unique to the ITR are becoming discontinued, but that hasn't stopped people from turning old Porsche's into track cars or old E30 M3's into track cars, these were designed from the ground up to be a rewarding experience and I agree that anyone who is reluctant to enjoy it in that fashion is missing out, I understand it, because in the last year we have seen several ITR's fetch north of 30-40k on the auction block, that's nothing to sneeze at for a car that had an MSRP when new of 22.7k.

As it stands, I unfortunately had to back out of driving to Expo this year, as some unexpected expenses came up that I had to make a tough judgement call on, but I'll still be there, so I'm looking forward to catching some rides and drinking some beers...

98 CW #811

brand0n
Lemon Skin

618 posts [100%]
Pa
8-3-2008
 « Re: (LoooseIS)« » Reply  Edit

Well said Justin! Glad you'll still be there man!!
-Brandon

98-0223
InnovativeMotorworks//

WheelPowerRacing

332 posts [100%]
Monroe VA
12-6-2010
 « « » Reply  Edit

A large part of the "tracking my car" discomfort is a misconception of what it means to run a car on track. The perception is danger, cars must be abused, banging doors, and being demolished/ruined. Once its been out on track the car will never be the same. But in reality, a car can be tracked in HPDE without any ill effects (if the driver can control the red mist of perceived competition). Consumables (tires, brake pads, etc) may wear out earlier than the same miles driven on the street, but a driver can drive on track without permanent damage to the vehicle, no difference than a spirited mountain or canyon run. I would also venture to say that the chance of body damage is less during a hpde 1 session than during most people's morning commute. (Deer, distracted drivers, etc)
Bryan
WheelPower Racing
http://www.facebook.com/wheelpowerracing
1994 Civic TTD

coolhandluke
Break on...

13077 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: (WheelPowerRacing)« » Reply  Edit

I agree. I prefer to buy a car that has been tracked regularly as I know the car has had consistent maintenance.

To each their own. I hope we can someday gather enough support for ITR Expo to return to the west coast.

98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

SwiftITR

158 posts [100%]
Des Moines Iowa
11-20-2015
 « « » Reply  Edit

Cheezthis, On what date will registration completely close? I got denied for PTO when I requested it 6 weeks ago, but now looks like I may be able to take PTO for Expo after all.

cheezthis

3155 posts [5000%]
Chicago IL
11-11-2002
 « Re: (SwiftITR)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by SwiftITR »
Cheezthis, On what date will registration completely close? I got denied for PTO when I requested it 6 weeks ago, but now looks like I may be able to take PTO for Expo after all.

Latest we'll leave it open is end of next week. With that said, some groups are full and might need to be wait listed. So, the sooner the better. If not, I believe someone might have a spot for sale, and we can help shift their registration to yours.

Hope you can make it!!

SwiftITR

158 posts [100%]
Des Moines Iowa
11-20-2015
 « « » Reply  Edit

Which run groups are full? I know you said intermediate was almost full a few weeks ago? Just curious...

cheezthis

3155 posts [5000%]
Chicago IL
11-11-2002
 « Re: (SwiftITR)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by SwiftITR »
Which run groups are full? I know you said intermediate was almost full a few weeks ago? Just curious...

Nov and Int are essentially full unless we find more instructors, especially Novice. We were able to shift some people around to make room in Intermediate.
 First  < 2 3 4   Last

» Return to ITR Expo Discussion