logo

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help Quick Reply
 Clean Title 1997 CW ITR Project - New Orleans, LAFirst  1 2 >  Last
Author Post

97-241

33 posts [100%]
9-30-2002
  Clean Title 1997 CW ITR Project - New Orleans, LA« » Reply  Edit

Hey guys - some of you may or may not remember me. I am the second owner of 97-241 which I purchased in 2001 from this website. Growing up my family always had several NSXs around the house so logically I picked up a 97R to keep forever. It was my daily driver from 2001-2007 until it finally got stolen/partially stripped in Orlando. To keep the title clean, I never filed an insurance claim and rebuilt it in my garage over a year (many thanks to several people on here and HT back in the day) using all new parts straight from the Acura dealer except for the temporary front end.

The car primarily sits and doesn't get much use. I crank it once a month, drive it around the block once a year, and change the oil once a year. I am moving again and need to downsize several cars to make this move work. Unfortunately the Type R will need to go in the coming month. I care most about it going to a good home that will take care of heR and do it right. That being said, I know it is still worth something good but haven't followed project car prices.

I will get you guys recent pictures, but it is a CW 97R. Front end was stollen and I put a cheap temporary front end on there. I do have an unopened OEM new in the box 1997 front chin spoiler. Also have new in the box (ordered them in 2007 and have been sitting in a closet) OEM checkered floor mats.

What does it need?
1) Please put a new timing belt on before driving it anywhere please. It cranks and runs but it is beyond time for a new belt. I have two small kids to keep up with and don't have any time to work on the car.
2) Tires were put on in 2005 or so. I would replace before driving.
3) New front windshield. Got busted when the thieves broke the ignition lock with a jack handle and I never replaced (liked the battle wound character and police writing on the windshield and never did anything about it).
4) New front bumper. There is one there but not worthy of putting the 97R chin spoiler on. This bumper doesn't even hold the blinkers/side markers.
5) Probably two new fenders (one was primer aftermarket and now has slight rust, the other was frost white but my neighbor backed into it last year on the only day I drove it).
6) Two new side skirts or what ever the ground effect pieces under the doors are called.
7) Paint (shell/rear bumper/wing/passenger door are all original paint, first owner got the drivers door backed into and had the door resprayed back in 1999, thieves took a box cutter to the drivers side and carved very large "DBH" into the door and rear quarter panel)
8) Brake light switch - I noticed a couple months ago that any time I connect the battery the brake lights are always on. I know I have replaced the switch two or three times in the 15+ years that I have had the car. Easy but I haven't had the time/never drive the car.
9) Steering column is slightly bent from the thieves busting the ignition.
10) Ignition switch - I have enough anti-theft electronics on the car now that I haven't been worried about anybody being able to start it with a screw driver.
11) Interior pieces - I have the original seats. The rear seats are a little bent from the thieves. There are several interior trim pieces missing (the black quarter panels, rear carpet, hatch lid, sun visors, and several minor trim pieces).
12) ABS light is on - this has been this way since it got stolen. My ABS ECU was stolen so I purchased one from somebody that was building a PY rally ITR. Never worked for me but wasn't sure if it was a year compatibility (2001 ABS ECU in a 1997) or if the thieves damaged one of my wheel speed sensors. Never bothered me enough to investigate and is the only functionality issue I had after the theft/rebuild.
13) Air Conditioning - Car originally had it installed but it is currently not functioning. I had it working after the rebuild but it has been sitting so much that the seals probably dried up.
14) Power Steering - I deleted it and put in whatever the RealTime bypass kit was.
15) Wheel wheel liners - thieves ripped them apart when stripping the car.

I have the original arm rest (always kept it in the house safe and never in the car), original factory manuals, original B18C5 is still in it, original cluster, etc. Original wheels are on there as well. All stock except for a Koyo aluminum radiator. Neither the original owner nor me ever put any aftermarket parts/modifications on there besides the radiator after the original cheap one leaked.

Title in hand. Looking for a credible ITR enthusiast to come pick it up on a trailer or put a timing belt/tires on it and drive it off. I need it gone by January 10th if possible. Otherwise I am moving it and looking for a place to store it.

Will get recent pictures when the sun comes out. For the time being here are OLD pictures of the car before getting stolen and the rebuild:

http://s682.photobucket.com/us...y/ITR

Respond, message me, or call/text me 407-Seven Three Nine-4246

Thanks all

coolhandluke
Break on...

13070 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: Clean Title 1997 CW ITR Project - New Orleans, LA (97-241)« » Reply  Edit

Best wishes with the sale. Once you get current photos shoot me a PM. I can assist with posting images in your ad.
98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

g3teg97

198 posts [100%]
Florida
7-21-2008

Sucks about the theft, but awesome it was not totaled by an insurance company. Good on you for not allowing that to happen!

I didn't see a price, what you are looking to get for the ITR?

1997 Acura Integra LS - Vouge Silver Metallic - '98+ Converted
2000 Acura Integra GSR - Taffeta White
1998 Acura Integra Type-R - #0379

97-241

33 posts [100%]
9-30-2002
 « Re: Clean Title 1997 CW ITR Project - New Orleans, LA (g3teg97)« » Reply  Edit

Already sold. Had 12 offers in the first 24 hours. Thanks for the interest all.

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2204 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002

Archived.

1997 CW ITR
Badge: 97 00241
VIN: n/a
Listed Mileage: n/a
Asking:

Seller Comments:
Hey guys - some of you may or may not remember me. I am the second owner of 97-241 which I purchased in 2001 from this website. Growing up my family always had several NSXs around the house so logically I picked up a 97R to keep forever. It was my daily driver from 2001-2007 until it finally got stolen/partially stripped in Orlando. To keep the title clean, I never filed an insurance claim and rebuilt it in my garage over a year (many thanks to several people on here and HT back in the day) using all new parts straight from the Acura dealer except for the temporary front end.
The car primarily sits and doesn't get much use. I crank it once a month, drive it around the block once a year, and change the oil once a year. I am moving again and need to downsize several cars to make this move work. Unfortunately the Type R will need to go in the coming month. I care most about it going to a good home that will take care of heR and do it right. That being said, I know it is still worth something good but haven't followed project car prices.

I will get you guys recent pictures, but it is a CW 97R. Front end was stollen and I put a cheap temporary front end on there. I do have an unopened OEM new in the box 1997 front chin spoiler. Also have new in the box (ordered them in 2007 and have been sitting in a closet) OEM checkered floor mats.

What does it need?
1) Please put a new timing belt on before driving it anywhere please. It cranks and runs but it is beyond time for a new belt. I have two small kids to keep up with and don't have any time to work on the car.
2) Tires were put on in 2005 or so. I would replace before driving.
3) New front windshield. Got busted when the thieves broke the ignition lock with a jack handle and I never replaced (liked the battle wound character and police writing on the windshield and never did anything about it).
4) New front bumper. There is one there but not worthy of putting the 97R chin spoiler on. This bumper doesn't even hold the blinkers/side markers.
5) Probably two new fenders (one was primer aftermarket and now has slight rust, the other was frost white but my neighbor backed into it last year on the only day I drove it).
6) Two new side skirts or what ever the ground effect pieces under the doors are called.
7) Paint (shell/rear bumper/wing/passenger door are all original paint, first owner got the drivers door backed into and had the door resprayed back in 1999, thieves took a box cutter to the drivers side and carved very large "DBH" into the door and rear quarter panel)
8) Brake light switch - I noticed a couple months ago that any time I connect the battery the brake lights are always on. I know I have replaced the switch two or three times in the 15+ years that I have had the car. Easy but I haven't had the time/never drive the car.
9) Steering column is slightly bent from the thieves busting the ignition.
10) Ignition switch - I have enough anti-theft electronics on the car now that I haven't been worried about anybody being able to start it with a screw driver.
11) Interior pieces - I have the original seats. The rear seats are a little bent from the thieves. There are several interior trim pieces missing (the black quarter panels, rear carpet, hatch lid, sun visors, and several minor trim pieces).
12) ABS light is on - this has been this way since it got stolen. My ABS ECU was stolen so I purchased one from somebody that was building a PY rally ITR. Never worked for me but wasn't sure if it was a year compatibility (2001 ABS ECU in a 1997) or if the thieves damaged one of my wheel speed sensors. Never bothered me enough to investigate and is the only functionality issue I had after the theft/rebuild.
13) Air Conditioning - Car originally had it installed but it is currently not functioning. I had it working after the rebuild but it has been sitting so much that the seals probably dried up.
14) Power Steering - I deleted it and put in whatever the RealTime bypass kit was.
15) Wheel wheel liners - thieves ripped them apart when stripping the car.

I have the original arm rest (always kept it in the house safe and never in the car), original factory manuals, original B18C5 is still in it, original cluster, etc. Original wheels are on there as well. All stock except for a Koyo aluminum radiator. Neither the original owner nor me ever put any aftermarket parts/modifications on there besides the radiator after the original cheap one leaked.

Title in hand. Looking for a credible ITR enthusiast to come pick it up on a trailer or put a timing belt/tires on it and drive it off. I need it gone by January 10th if possible. Otherwise I am moving it and looking for a place to store it.

Will get recent pictures when the sun comes out. For the time being here are OLD pictures of the car before getting stolen and the rebuild:

http://s682.photobucket.com/us...y/ITR

Respond, message me, or call/text me 407-Seven Three Nine-XXXX

Pics Album: http://s303.photobucket.com/us...siana

98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

g3teg97

198 posts [100%]
Florida
7-21-2008

Quote, originally posted by 97-241 »
Already sold. Had 12 offers in the first 24 hours. Thanks for the interest all.

Would you mind sharing the price? It would help current owners deal with insurance and values.

Hope it went to a good home!

Dpk_henry
1997R062

6 posts [100%]
Orange county Ca
11-26-2015
 « « » Reply  Edit

The person who bought this doesn't play around. He's a collector that has several 97's and you will pry never see it for sale again. Congrats on the quick sale and if you were one of the other 11 that had interest you should have pulled the trigger.

itr #1334
curves

3392 posts [100%]
BFE Nebraska
3-31-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

That's a waste. Hate how these cars get sold and never hear about them again. 81% of the fun of owning one is the community.
01-0864 Import Alliance only caR
98-0197 Soddy daisy street warz
98-0965 Rainbow is ALIVE!!

Dkbmxer-88
Geaux TigeRs!

1666 posts [100%]
Bastrop La
11-15-2011
 « Re: (itr #1334)« » Reply  Edit

I agree.... there are more than a few people who are collecting to sell at a later date for a retirement plan...
NBP ITR #01-fu thieves
CW ITR #98-0604 sold
PY ITR #01-xxxx sold
CW ITR #98-0352 sold
FBP ITR #00-0744 R.I.P
08 f150/ daily driver

navin

2010 posts [100%]
9-27-2010
 « Re: (Dkbmxer-88)« » Reply  Edit

If you are banking on an ITR for retirement then you're doing it wrong lol.

coolhandluke
Break on...

13070 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: (navin)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by navin »

Agreed.

OP- I'm happy to hear the car sold quickly.

98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

g3teg97

198 posts [100%]
Florida
7-21-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

A local 2017 NSX is going to a collector out of state and he mentioned to the Acura salesman that it is going into a museum. I will never understand getting a car and then never doing what the original intent of creating the car was in the first place.

white rocket
White Collar Racing

1001 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
1-21-2005
 « Re: (g3teg97)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by g3teg97 »
A local 2017 NSX is going to a collector out of state and he mentioned to the Acura salesman that it is going into a museum. I will never understand getting a car and then never doing what the original intent of creating the car was in the first place.

As a collector, I can understand the need to preserve. Hot Wheels are meant to be crashed, smashed and driven around those cool zip tracks by kids and adults alike; but people buy 3 of the same one and leave them in the package. Same thought process. Most of the wealthy collectors have a few of the same example, one the drive and one to preserve; except in the case of limited production. Automotive machines can also be viewed at as art.

I'd have a garage full of ITR's if I had the cheddar yet I don't have the time to drive the 2 I have now anyway. One day that will change but for now I don't mind having them sit for me to stare at to gain gratitude on a shitty day or find new inspiration. It's not about the money for me but one must recognize that the entry price for these cars will continue to climb and getting your foot in the door now will be better than a year from now, or 2, or 3, etc.

Just because someone buys up a bunch of ITR's doesn't mean that they can't still celebrate their greatness here and still be involved in the community (ie: picture updates, general discussion, etc). I hope that is the case with this buyer

/endrant

http://www.garagefive.net

Mt3c
Only my opinion

14 posts [100%]
Orange County CA
6-29-2016
 « Re: Clean Title 1997 CW ITR Project - New Orleans, LA (RTW DC2R)« » Reply  Edit

143681 Miles shown in images.
Hopefully new owner is planning to restore and enjoy the car. High mileage hurts collectibility, but Honda reliability sustains enjoy-ability. These cars sound best in vtec.
FBP 00-0064

coolhandluke
Break on...

13070 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: (white rocket)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by white rocket »

As a collector, I can understand the need to preserve. Hot Wheels are meant to be crashed, smashed and driven around those cool zip tracks by kids and adults alike; but people buy 3 of the same one and leave them in the package. Same thought process. Most of the wealthy collectors have a few of the same example, one the drive and one to preserve; except in the case of limited production. Automotive machines can also be viewed at as art.

I'd have a garage full of ITR's if I had the cheddar yet I don't have the time to drive the 2 I have now anyway. One day that will change but for now I don't mind having them sit for me to stare at to gain gratitude on a shitty day or find new inspiration. It's not about the money for me but one must recognize that the entry price for these cars will continue to climb and getting your foot in the door now will be better than a year from now, or 2, or 3, etc.

Just because someone buys up a bunch of ITR's doesn't mean that they can't still celebrate their greatness here and still be involved in the community (ie: picture updates, general discussion, etc). I hope that is the case with this buyer

/endrant

Well said Chris.

98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

60 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: (white rocket)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by white rocket »

/endrant

As a non-collector, I see it as pointless. I understand hot wheels when people buy multiples of the same toy, but you're talking a lot more money when applied to cars. No one should be overspending on these cars anyways. Several of us have restored ours for far cheaper than buying a low-mileage stock version. You have other outlets to consider as well such as the 25 year import law that will make the JDM variants a much better buy in a few years. No reason for anyone to get their foot in the door now. It just seems a bit pointless to sit on a car that offers little to no enjoyment other than staring at it. A poster will probably suffice.

Quote, originally posted by navin »

^ This exactly. Drive these cars and enjoy them. You're not sitting on that much money as a collector of these cars. The rate these things are appreciating you might as well just try getting a pay raise. If you really had money to waste would you really have a garage full of the same FWD Honda? What a boring collection.

Modified by Sort of Fast at 8:36 AM 12/27/2016
92 GSR Civic - Daily
97 ITR - Track Car/Weekend car
93 J32 Civic SI - Time Attack! @guess_work_racing

The "All Stock" USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Will go on about re-sale value even though no one else cares.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

touringteg

56 posts [100%]
Victoria BC
5-2-2016
 « Re: (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

^ RHD cars have not affected Type R prices in Canada where we have a 15 year rule. There are a JDM Integra Type R's around but they are not worth anywhere near as much as LHD versions.

Driving RHD in a LHD country is a pain and so many won't even consider buying a RHD car here. I had an R32 GTR and I had no issue but the general public will avoid them. Collectors and nostalgia buyers in North America want a car that is LHD and as close to stock as possible. Modded / non-pristine cars are a much better deal if you plan to track it.

ITR # 01-1233 CDM

MINTY FRESH

85 posts [100%]
10-2-2009
 « Re: (touringteg)« » Reply  Edit

Hello,

In respect to LHD vs RHD I agree that LHDs are much more popular than RHDs in a RHD country. However, if there is a very popular JDM that was never sold to a RHD country, it will be sought after. For example I would not turn away a NSX-R. R33 GTR, CTR or EP3 Type R.

Just my perception.

MINTY

itr #1334
curves

3392 posts [100%]
BFE Nebraska
3-31-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Ep3 type r....... the worst.
01-0864 Import Alliance only caR
98-0197 Soddy daisy street warz
98-0965 Rainbow is ALIVE!!

MINTY FRESH

85 posts [100%]
10-2-2009
 « Re: (itr #1334)« » Reply  Edit

Are you referring to the non-JDM EP3 Type r that came with less power and no LSD, or the JDM model that had many upgrades including more power and LSD?

MINTY

First  1 2 >  Last

» Return to Cars for Sale