Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

60 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: (itr #1334)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by itr #1334 »
Ep3 type r....... the worst.

A car is only as fast as the nut behind the wheel. Look up EP3 hillclimb cars or the Civic Cup Challenge. They are far from slow. I've always liked them for being a little odd looking. You should also check out the OrangeBall DC5 which utilizes the same chassis as the EP3. Currently it holds the fastest NA Type R at Tsukuba with a 58.9 with a stock K20a. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1TJOtCi-nw

^^^^^Perhaps prices will continue to climb on USDM ITR's, but actual driving enthusiasts will find other solutions rather than buying an all stock one. That was my only point. I think we all have a price we aren't willing to cross for a fun track car and since JDM variants are just as good then I'm all for buying RHD if needed. Only if I crash my current car though......

92 GSR Civic - Daily
97 ITR - Track Car/Weekend car
93 J32 Civic SI - Time Attack! @guess_work_racing

The "All Stock" USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Will go on about re-sale value even though no one else cares.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

itr #1334
curves

3392 posts [100%]
BFE Nebraska
3-31-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Oh I'm not dissing the cars performance. I'm dissing the interior etc.
01-0864 Import Alliance only caR
98-0197 Soddy daisy street warz
98-0965 Rainbow is ALIVE!!

white rocket
White Collar Racing

1001 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
1-21-2005
 « Re: (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Sort of Fast »
As a non-collector, I see it as pointless. I understand hot wheels when people buy multiples of the same toy, but you're talking a lot more money when applied to cars. No one should be overspending on these cars anyways. Several of us have restored ours for far cheaper than buying a low-mileage stock version. You have other outlets to consider as well such as the 25 year import law that will make the JDM variants a much better buy in a few years. No reason for anyone to get their foot in the door now. It just seems a bit pointless to sit on a car that offers little to no enjoyment other than staring at it A poster will probably suffice

Of course it seems pointless, you're not a collector . Numbers are dwindling due to theft and accidents still to this day so as available stock drops yet demand increases, well; that won't help pricing for buyers. That's why getting your foot in the door, so to speak, is always best post-haste. There was a time within the last decade when an E30 M3 was a $15K(or less) car with low-mile examples eclipsing at $30K. Now the 200K mile ones are $30K. No sign of that trend winding down anytime soon either. Collecting cars and having cars sit in heated warehouses for wealthy owners to enjoy at their leisure is nothing new, it's just that the ITR is making it's way into that area now and it weirds people out

As mentioned, the JDM ITR is not comparable in Canada due to our 15 year rule. It's been over 6 years since 96 specs have been showing up and they are all less than $10K here unless in very nice condition. The odd '98 spec that shows up is not much more. I haven't followed the JDM export market enough to see if their prices are increasing at all due to overall worldwide demand. North America can't be the only area that's seeing price increases.

If I were shopping for one right now I'd rather buy one now, even though it's not being used but with the intention of using it more in the next few years, then trying to hunt one down in a few years when all that's left are $50K pristine queens or shit-kicked rebuilds that are still overpriced. I have no issues with sitting on a car at all as long as it's taken out every once and a while and stored properly. No need to daily or be a super track star to enjoy an ITR(I've done both), everyone has their own idea of enjoyment depending on where their at in their lives.

Just my $0.02. Not trying to make a point or anything; just sharing thoughts.

http://www.garagefive.net

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

60 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: (white rocket)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by white rocket »

Of course it seems pointless, you're not a collector . Numbers are dwindling due to theft and accidents still to this day so as available stock drops yet demand increases, well; that won't help pricing for buyers. That's why getting your foot in the door, so to speak, is always best post-haste. There was a time within the last decade when an E30 M3 was a $15K(or less) car with low-mile examples eclipsing at $30K. Now the 200K mile ones are $30K. No sign of that trend winding down anytime soon either. Collecting cars and having cars sit in heated warehouses for wealthy owners to enjoy at their leisure is nothing new, it's just that the ITR is making it's way into that area now and it weirds people out

As mentioned, the JDM ITR is not comparable in Canada due to our 15 year rule. It's been over 6 years since 96 specs have been showing up and they are all less than $10K here unless in very nice condition. The odd '98 spec that shows up is not much more. I haven't followed the JDM export market enough to see if their prices are increasing at all due to overall worldwide demand. North America can't be the only area that's seeing price increases.

If I were shopping for one right now I'd rather buy one now, even though it's not being used but with the intention of using it more in the next few years, then trying to hunt one down in a few years when all that's left are $50K pristine queens or shit-kicked rebuilds that are still overpriced. I have no issues with sitting on a car at all as long as it's taken out every once and a while and stored properly. No need to daily or be a super track star to enjoy an ITR(I've done both), everyone has their own idea of enjoyment depending on where their at in their lives.

Just my $0.02. Not trying to make a point or anything; just sharing thoughts.

I think the reason it weirds people out is due to the thousands of base models on the road or non-R's in general. I mean it's very easy to find a non R Integra for cheap. The ITR's real purpose was to make it so you didn't have to modify the RS, LS or GSR to make it fast since buying an R was actually cheaper than modifying. It's sort of like the Lancer to Evo, WRX to WRX STI, or Neon to Neon SRT4 where buying the best model saved you time/money. This is not the case anymore and it's easy to replicate the R's performance with a base model considering the amount of aftermarket support they now have (or like was said earlier and buy a beater ITR). I just look at it this way, that if everyone simply just collected these cars and stored them there wouldn't really be much of an ITR Expo every year. Many would be hesitant to track theirs especially since the chance of hitting a wall is always there and insurance won't bother covering at that point. Expo was pretty much founded on a fun track day to enjoy/celebrate the car, but if everyone enjoyed them the way collectors do then not many would even show up. Obviously this isn't the case (thankfully) and that's a very extreme example, but I truly believe the best way to enjoy a car is to create lasting memorable experiences with it. I took my ITR on a road trip to Gingerman last year and drove it from KS to Michigan, tracked it 3 days, then drove it back. Even if it was a unicorn 97 with low miles I would have done the same thing. Overall, I see what you're saying and people enjoy these cars in different ways, but perhaps I just look at it differently and won't ever really be able to justify paying a high dollar amount for one of these. I mean there are people who collect Ferrari's and put them in storage or people who take them offroad rallying and give no f**ks.
---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-4v4I7Gzk0
---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0WvPDxjZc

Just like the guys at WTDR say, "You can't hide money". It's hilarious to see a cheap FWD car take it to the expensive cars at the track, but on the flip side if someone buys an ITR for 40k+ this statement now applies to them should they choose to track it. And everyone knows what they paid for it too.

92 GSR Civic - Daily
97 ITR - Track Car/Weekend car
93 J32 Civic SI - Time Attack! @guess_work_racing

The "All Stock" USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Will go on about re-sale value even though no one else cares.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

white rocket
White Collar Racing

1001 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
1-21-2005
 « « » Reply  Edit

^^All very good points As an ITR fanatic, I'd like to have one for all occasions. One for the museum, one for the track, one complete resto-mod (Navin's comes to mind), and a few for road duty. The beauty is that they can be enjoyed in so many different ways.
http://www.garagefive.net
 First  < 1 2   Last

» Return to Cars for Sale