The life of 98-0833First  1 2 >  Last
Author Post

dot_tom

21 posts [100%]
Atlanta GA
11-13-2016
  The life of 98-0833« » Reply  Edit

New owner of #98-0833.

I am a long time lurker of this forum and have always dreamed of owning one of these cars. Couple months ago that dream came true. Bought this car from a good friend who bought it from a guy who supposedly bought it from the original owner.

Car has 260k on it. It's exactly what I had always searched for. Nice enough starting point to build on but not a low mileage gem that I would feel bad about taking to the track.

That being said, I took it to Barber last Sunday for an iTrack Motorsports event. It was too cold and too rainy but I took it out for 3 sessions. Barber is an amazing track and I cannot wait to get the car on there in 2017 while dry.

I had planned to bring my 96 civic to VIR for Expo '16 but work would not allow...

Here is the old car that saw many track days.

Current plans for this car is to work on bringing it back to stock. This winter will see a tear down, body work, fresh paint, along with some new molding, trim pieces, and a hardrace bushing kit.

I plan to keep this updated along with two other forums. A lot of people have been pushing to get forums active again in 2017 and I am glad. I never left. These forums are what got me into all this and introduced me to many great friends.

Jnice

120 posts [100%]
2-10-2016
 « Re: The life of 98-0833 (dot_tom)« » Reply  Edit

Congrats on the pic up! What kind of black wheels are in the second pic

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2311 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: The life of 98-0833 (Jnice)« » Reply  Edit

Nice! I almost bought this one before I got my current R. Here is the FS thread from Travis when it was in TN.

http://forums.itrexpo.com/zero...age=1

98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

itr #1334
curves

3446 posts [100%]
BFE Nebraska
3-31-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Yep Travis bought it from the OG owner. Congrats! She's nice
01-0864 Import Alliance only caR
98-0197 Soddy daisy street warz
98-0965 Rainbow is ALIVE!!
00-1587 Type Rice
01-0629 Hail Central

white rocket
White Collar Racing

1012 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
1-21-2005
 « « » Reply  Edit

Awesome stuff

<---in for more

http://www.garagefive.net

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2311 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: (white rocket)« » Reply  Edit

I kinda like CW without the stickers....hmmmm
98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

brand0n
Lemon Skin

618 posts [100%]
Pa
8-3-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Welcome!!
-Brandon

98-0223
InnovativeMotorworks//

dot_tom

21 posts [100%]
Atlanta GA
11-13-2016
 « Re: The life of 98-0833 (Jnice)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Jnice »
Congrats on the pic up! What kind of black wheels are in the second pic

Thanks! They are 15x7 Team Dynamics. Not sure how I feel about them, looks wise, but they are a good spec, light, and wrapped in NT01's.

Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R »
Nice! I almost bought this one before I got my current R. Here is the FS thread from Travis when it was in TN.

http://forums.itrexpo.com/zero...age=1

Thanks for the link!

Quote, originally posted by itr #1334 »
Yep Travis bought it from the OG owner. Congrats! She's nice

It was hard to believe the OG owner had the car for so long and put so many miles on it.

Quote, originally posted by white rocket »
Awesome stuff

<---in for more

Thnaks!

Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R »
I kinda like CW without the stickers....hmmmm

When the black wheels are on the car no one seems to notice it either. Toss the stock white wheels on and it attracts some attention. New stickers will be on after paint.

Quote, originally posted by brand0n »
Welcome!!

Christmas was good to me. My fiance got me a J's Racing axle back! The car currently has a T1R B-pipe on it with stock ITR muffler. Hopefully the exhaust will be here soon and I'll get some pictures up along with a sound clip. After that, the car will get torn down and prepped for paint. Colin at AFHKparts.com put together a list of items needed to help refresh the car. Hopefully I can get that ordered in a few months.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

LoooseIS

518 posts [100%]
Phoenix AZ
9-11-2009

Congrats, I think that's one of the other close badge numbers to mine(98-0811) Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!!
98 CW #811

Doespike
Team Lazy

8685 posts [100%]
Buffalo NY
4-2-2006

Congratulations on the pickup and welcome!
-Joe
Chief Lazy Officer
ITRCA, LLC.

97-00357 Born 6/2/1997.
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
12-4174 CR-Zed

ITR Expo, ITRCA, and Team Lazy Merchandise for Sale!!

g3teg97

223 posts [100%]
Florida
7-21-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

The cost for iTrack Motorsports is not bad. Barber is a track I want to go to, but first I have Sebring, Daytona and Road Atlanta on my list.
2000 Acura Integra GSR
1998 Acura Integra Type-R - #0379

dot_tom

21 posts [100%]
Atlanta GA
11-13-2016
 « « » Reply  Edit

Hopefully progress will pick up soon with the holidays being over. I travel a lot for work but I should have some progress pictures up soon.

My birthday gift says it'll be here Saturday! If so, I will toss it on to enjoy. Snag some pictures and a sound clip. Then next weekend start tearing the car down completely. Pull windows, Suspension, interior. All that good stuff. Stay tuned!

Couple random pictures.

My Fiance did get me a pretty cool model for Christmas....

My TSX was getting old and since I travel a lot for work I figured it was time to take advantage of end of the year deals. Picked up a '17 Accord Sport SE for a great deal.

So long TSX, it was fun...

Hello Accord...

Before I went to Barber I had the car aligned back to spec since I installed the GC/Koni setup. No camber adjustment yet. Just set the toe to OEM spec. I ran my red civic's toe a little more aggressive. This car I am changing things up a bit. It's amazing how different this car feels from the civic. That being said, I am running 500F 400R Eibach springs and the factory RSB and factory alignment spec to get a feel for the car and make adjustments from there.

The red civic had 550F 650R Progress CS2's with ASR 24mm RSB and a good alignment. That car rotated very well and I was comfortable tossing it into any turn and then controlling it with the throttle. The ITR will be treated with a little more care haha

I have the car running great with the USDM ECU. I ran into a CODE 45, Lean/Rich mixture, which seemed to have been the primary O2 sensor. Tossed in another one and have yet to see the code come back. I will be selling my P73-003 JDM ECU if anyone is interested.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday season!

g3teg97

223 posts [100%]
Florida
7-21-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Loving the updates!
2000 Acura Integra GSR

Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

68 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: (dot_tom)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by dot_tom »

Before I went to Barber I had the car aligned back to spec since I installed the GC/Koni setup. No camber adjustment yet. Just set the toe to OEM spec. I ran my red civic's toe a little more aggressive. This car I am changing things up a bit. It's amazing how different this car feels from the civic . That being said, I am running 500F 400R Eibach springs and the factory RSB and factory alignment spec to get a feel for the car and make adjustments from there.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm curious what most people think when comparing their other track cars to the ITR. The only thing I can tell is the chassis feels a little more rigid, but other than that there isn't a huge difference between my GSR EG and ITR. They both have 4.4 final drives and run similar lap times around Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (ITR is about .7 sec slower currently). It's kind of like when Best Motoring did testing when they swapped Type R parts over to an EF and EG, then compared directly to the ITR. -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Szkx1PcaDo - EF was running too soft spring rates and had the 4.4 final, and EG/DC had the 4.7.

92 GSR Civic - Daily
97 ITR - Track Car/Weekend car
93 J32 Civic SI - Time Attack!

The USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Will go on about re-sale value even though no one else cares.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
http://www.tracktuned.com/feed...ype-r

RestoR
Collector

128 posts [100%]
Ca
2-5-2014
 « Re: (Sort of Fast)« » Reply  Edit

Congrats!!
97-262
97-449
00-1497
01-1221

dot_tom

21 posts [100%]
Atlanta GA
11-13-2016
 « Re: The life of 98-0833 (LoooseIS)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by LoooseIS »
Congrats, I think that's one of the other close badge numbers to mine(98-0811) Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!!

Great to see cars with close numbers!

Quote, originally posted by Doespike »
Congratulations on the pickup and welcome!

Thanks!

Quote, originally posted by g3teg97 »
The cost for iTrack Motorsports is not bad. Barber is a track I want to go to, but first I have Sebring, Daytona and Road Atlanta on my list.

Road Atlanta is amazing! My list goes Road Atlanta, Barber, then Atlanta Motorsports Park. Check out Jzilla track days as well! I run all of their events. Great group of friends.

Quote, originally posted by RestoR »
Congrats!!

Thanks RestoR!

Quote, originally posted by Sort of Fast »

Could you elaborate on this? I'm curious what most people think when comparing their other track cars to the ITR. The only thing I can tell is the chassis feels a little more rigid, but other than that there isn't a huge difference between my GSR EG and ITR. They both have 4.4 final drives and run similar lap times around Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (ITR is about .7 sec slower currently). It's kind of like when Best Motoring did testing when they swapped Type R parts over to an EF and EG, then compared directly to the ITR. -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Szkx1PcaDo - EF was running too soft spring rates and had the 4.4 final, and EG/DC had the 4.7.

Great episode. I have the 4.7 FD also in my car. More on that in a minute. The car being more rigid is a huge improvement over my old civic coupe. My ITR needs new bushings all around, yet the car still feels better than the civic with full hardrace bushings. Keep in mind my type R has better dampening than the civic, different spring rates, better tires, better brake pads, more rigid, better engine, and an LSD. There is a lot of factors that make my ITR much better than my civic. My first thought was "wow, you can feel everything". The type R responds well to small inputs and easy to feel the car move around transfer weigth.

Speaking of the 4.7 FD, its so weird. I like it but its going to take some getting used to. The gearing is so different than my civic that I am used to. Even different than my 06 S2k I used to track. Example: My civic would have me in 3rd and need to up shift to 4th. The Type R, I am in 4th needing to shift to 5th yet I am grabbing for 3rd. It'll take some getting used to.

coolhandluke
Break on...

13077 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005

Great thread, thank you for sharing. It has to be a good feeling not to worry about miles and just enjoy the caR. Bravo!
98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

dot_tom

21 posts [100%]
Atlanta GA
11-13-2016
 « Re: The life of 98-0833 (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by coolhandluke »
Great thread, thank you for sharing. It has to be a good feeling not to worry about miles and just enjoy the caR. Bravo!

Thanks! Not worrying about miles is nice since I worry about everything else with this car. I don't even drive it to work or any where I cannot see it. Helps keep the miles down, but those don't matter haha

***UPDATE***

My early Birthday present came in yesterday from the Fiance. She ordered through Nemos Garage. Good guys out there and were the best price shipped. This will be mated to the T1r mid pipe I have on the car.

I installed the exhaust last night. Sounds great. Looking forward to getting it on track and opening it up.

Here is a quick sound clip of the Js and T1r setup.

http://vid46.photobucket.com/a...o.mp4

dot_tom

21 posts [100%]
Atlanta GA
11-13-2016
 « « » Reply  Edit

***UPDATE***

Today was the rescheduled Caffeine & Octane here in Atlanta. Took the caR out for some fun in the sun and met up with my friend Scott. He snagged a few pictures for me to share on here. 

This week I will be starting the tear down on the car for body work and paint. So enjoy these pictures for now....

<br /><br />

g3teg97

223 posts [100%]
Florida
7-21-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Looks good!
2000 Acura Integra GSR

First  1 2 >  Last

» Return to General Discussion