Sort of Fast
Helmet. Gloves. Attack.

60 posts [100%]
WICHITA KS
11-23-2013
 « Re: (touringteg)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by touringteg »
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-acura-nsx-4/

A low mile NSX just sold for $70k USD I consider the NSX market to be a good indicator of ITR values. NSX will always be worth more. I would say $50k is fair assuming all original no stories. In the future it may be worth a lot more.

This is what confuses me though. That NSX had 10k miles and barely appreciated at all. They were around that price new in 1995 and they also don't corrode much due to the aluminum chassis. So if an NSX is a good indicator of ITR value, wouldn't the perceived value of an extreme low mileage ITR be somewhere around their original asking price? I mean it makes sense to me. Prices seem to be all over the place with ITR's now...lol. I think prices will eventually flatline with many people overspending on these cars. I could be wrong of course, but I'll still find it funny that someone had spent 5 times the amount I spent to build my ITR and it's no more enjoyable. I guess people buy them for different reasons now.
92 GSR Civic - Daily
97 ITR - Track Car/Weekend car
93 J32 Civic SI - Time Attack! @guess_work_racing

The "All Stock" USDM ITR fanboy - Despises all modifications to the car even if it's far better looking and/or outperforms OEM quality.
-Will go on about re-sale value even though no one else cares.
-Brags about how it's the greatest FF car ever made while never driving or tracking said car.
-Lives in denial that any 90s Honda can be built just as fast, if not way faster, for less money.
-Does not understand that it's the concept/idea of the ITR that's cool which can be easily applied to any Honda/Acura chassis if you put in the work.
#HypeR #YaCantHideMoney

Little_Nolan

1608 posts [100%]
12-18-2008
 « Re: (touringteg)« » Reply  Edit

A good indication of the cluster being legit is how red the "redline" portion is on the cluster. They dull out when exposed to light/heat.

That one still looks good.

'97- #305
'97- Civic Ex 4dr
'89- CRX

Py-ITR

69 posts [100%]
Tampa Fl
7-25-2016
 « Re: (Rare98)« » Reply  Edit

I own many Honda/Acuras and all my cars odometer numbers are laser straight. I even double checked each car last evening. And yes my cars have low miles as well. There isn't a doubt in my mind that cluster judging by the pic has been tampered with. And if your so confident the car is a 6k mile car post pics of all the important areas that would make us believe and prove this unicorn exists.

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2204 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: (Py-ITR)« » Reply  Edit

I know someone who has been in contact and is flying out to see the car so apparently it exists...

And as far as numbers lining up on the cluster, the numbers on my high-mileage 98 are not perfectly even. Not even close. Hopefully the seller allows legit buyers to inspect the cluster seal and clips in the back. But even then it could just be a low mileage cluster swap lol.

98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2204 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: (RTW DC2R)« » Reply  Edit

A badge number would also be nice!
98-0034 - Track Daze y0

Rare98

9 posts [100%]
Orlando FL
12-28-2016
 « Re: (Py-ITR)« » Reply  Edit

I've known about the car for 16 years and the original owner is an older guy that would never tamper with the cluster. I've seen the carfax. No mileage issues. So talk all the crap you want. I know the car to be legit.

Py-ITR

69 posts [100%]
Tampa Fl
7-25-2016

Well I hope your guy isn't Wasting a trip and be disappointed..I hope he has detailed pics galore... keep us posted if you have Inside information on the sale. This isn't typically how one puts a car up for sale with just a cell pic of a cluster. If this car does exist he should just immediately put it up on bring a trailer. It may exceed his 50k expectations. These NSX guys would easily pay that or more and possibly get into a bidding war just like the last auction we just saw a couple weeks back on bring a trailer. So in my opinion none of this is really adds up and the cluster looks sketchy. Believe me no one wants to see this thing sell more than me on a legit auction if it exists. It will change the market from the bottom to the top on any Clean title matching numbers Type R!

Py-ITR

69 posts [100%]
Tampa Fl
7-25-2016

The car fax won't show mileage issues if he is the original owner or even the second owner for that matter. If he has held onto that car for that long car fax has nothing else to go by other than the date of purchase and registration and if any maintenance records were done by a shop or dealer who sends info back to car fax. So don't put a whole lot of faith in a car fax report. I'm not new to this. Anyway man I hope the car exists. Not here to talk crap. Just stating the obvious. Again this isn't typically how one sells a car such as this. If you really want to do your buddy a favor put it up on bring a trailer. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain if it's real. A bidding war is the best thing for that vehicle. A high end collector or a guy who wants it in his garage to sit next to his NSX will drop bank. Trust me! You won't go wrong.

coolhandluke
Break on...

13070 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: (dave7)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by dave7 »
I believe it. There's that guy who I believe lives in Socal (but I'm not sure) who has like 30+ ITRs in a warehouse. Or maybe it was 50. So anything is possible imo.

I can only hope this individual is crafting an ITR museum.

98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

coolhandluke
Break on...

13070 posts [100%]
HI
12-12-2005
 « Re: (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Py-ITR »
Well I hope your guy isn't Wasting a trip and be disappointed..I hope he has detailed pics galore... keep us posted if you have Inside information on the sale. This isn't typically how one puts a car up for sale with just a cell pic of a cluster. If this car does exist he should just immediately put it up on bring a trailer. It may exceed his 50k expectations. These NSX guys would easily pay that or more and possibly get into a bidding war just like the last auction we just saw a couple weeks back on bring a trailer. So in my opinion none of this is really adds up and the cluster looks sketchy. Believe me no one wants to see this thing sell more than me on a legit auction if it exists. It will change the market from the bottom to the top on any Clean title matching numbers Type R!

Let's dial the tone back. The OP isn't the seller. As stated, an older gentleman owns the car. This post was more of an FYI to the community and get a feel for pricing.

OP- We would all love to see more pictures of the car and learn more about the car's story if possible. The badge number being top priority so we can update the registry.

98-1040
98-0197 - Sold
01-0187 - Sold
97' #171

ITR Expo 16 Event Photo Thread

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2204 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002

Quote, originally posted by Rare98 »
I've known about the car for 16 years and the original owner is an older guy that would never tamper with the cluster. I've seen the carfax. No mileage issues. So talk all the crap you want. I know the car to be legit.

You cant expect to throw a thread up here about a possible unicorn R with basically no identifiable information and expect us to just go with it.

Lighten up.

98-0034 - Track Daze y0

Py-ITR

69 posts [100%]
Tampa Fl
7-25-2016

Well said!!

dave7

243 posts [100%]
Los Angeles CA
3-24-2016
 « Re: (coolhandluke)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by coolhandluke »

OP- We would all love to see more pictures of the car and learn more about the car's story if possible. The badge number being top priority so we can update the registry.

Scrolling through the registry (http://www.integratyper.org/usdm/1998.htm) , my guesses are:

98-0108 (CA) 4,500 miles
http://www.integratyper.org/us...8.htm

98-0516 (CA) 6,500 miles

Doubt those are it though, being they both say they are in CA. OP can you give us a badge number?

#01-1322

Rare98

9 posts [100%]
Orlando FL
12-28-2016

Wouldn't that give away the VIN? Whole reason I sold my ITR 9 years ago because I knew eventually it would be stolen.

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2204 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002

The badge number and the VIN have no correlation.
98-0034 - Track Daze y0

g3teg97

198 posts [100%]
Florida
7-21-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

What is the badge number?
1997 Acura Integra LS - Vouge Silver Metallic - '98+ Converted
2000 Acura Integra GSR - Taffeta White
1998 Acura Integra Type-R - #0379

dave7

243 posts [100%]
Los Angeles CA
3-24-2016

Quote, originally posted by Rare98 »
Wouldn't that give away the VIN? Whole reason I sold my ITR 9 years ago because I knew eventually it would be stolen.

No, like others said. The ITR registry only has badge #s.

#01-1322

Rare98

9 posts [100%]
Orlando FL
12-28-2016

I'll give out the badge number if it doesn't sell next week.

Cron8891

9 posts [100%]
Hudson Valley NY
2-1-2016

Its a shame but with the way these cars are appreciating in value we must be skeptical till every claim is proven 100%. Examples like this must be examined unlike any collector car due to the honda/acura scene and how dispossible they were at one time. Maybe its just because I am a die hard honda enthusiast, but I love that this community can quickly identify most cars and their history within a few hours. By the same token it makes the surfacing of ones like this that much more interesting!

I hope its real! I too can vouch for almost all of my analog honda clusters being uneven at times.

dave7

243 posts [100%]
Los Angeles CA
3-24-2016
 « « » Reply  Edit

Was at Hmotors yesterday, they said the car apparently sold for around $50k, and that it was legit with actual mileage. At least that's the word on the street. Too bad it didn't go to BaT though, then it'd be more verified and on the record.
#01-1322
 First  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Cars for Sale