« Re: 2001 PY on Craigslist badge 01-1107 (D999SS)« » Reply  Edit

Archived.

2001 PY ITR
Badge: 01-1107
VIN: n/a
Listed Mileage: 134,000
Asking: $13,000

Seller Comments:
Hello I'm selling my Acura integra type r it has a clean title the title is under my name is complete stock except for the rims and the intake if you have any more questions please text me at 714675XXXX prefer text for faster response

Pics Album: http://s303.photobucket.com/us...ornia

98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

cheezthis

3134 posts [5000%]
Chicago IL
11-11-2002
 « « » Reply  Edit

Chris N's old ITR.

http://www.itrexpo.com

jdmguy23
jdmguy23

85 posts [100%]
florida
1-10-2014
 « Re: (cheezthis)« » Reply  Edit

tried texting..as stated preferred..it automatically blocks texts..tried calling..no pick up and says voicemail box has not been set up yet
'00-#547

Dynasty21
Ruff Ryders Valley Chpt.

22 posts [100%]
Where we squeeze first and ask questions last CA
4-15-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

Checked this car out today, he said he's the second owner. According to registry he's the 3rd? Will be running a carfax tomorrow. Something happened to this car, the dealer sticker on driver side quarter panel isn't there. Instead has RHDOT. Car has been resprayed, bends and dents on core support. Right side headlight is not OEM, brackets inbetween front bumper and fenders aren't there. There seems to be work done in engine bay driver side near fender... but fenders are all original with matching vins. Something is weird. There's also a spot weld on driver side under the hood corner pocket across the clutch reservoir. Current owner claims he doesn't know anything and bought it as it currently sits.

Chris N
clitz

2012 posts [100%]
usa xx
11-6-2002
 « Re: (Dynasty21)« » Reply  Edit

Hi - I'm the first owner. My goal is just to be transparent with the history of the car. I'm happy to answer any more questions you have, if I can answer them. I can account for some of the items you mentioned. I would like to note that all items were fully disclosed to the second owner, I have no idea what was told to any future owner(s), but now you and everyone else knows!

Quote, originally posted by Dynasty21 »
Checked this car out today, he said he's the second owner. According to registry he's the 3rd? Will be running a carfax tomorrow. Something happened to this car, the dealer sticker on driver side quarter panel isn't there. Instead has RHDOT. Car has been resprayed, bends and dents on core support. Right side headlight is not OEM, brackets inbetween front bumper and fenders aren't there. There seems to be work done in engine bay driver side near fender... but fenders are all original with matching vins. Something is weird. There's also a spot weld on driver side under the hood corner pocket across the clutch reservoir. Current owner claims he doesn't know anything and bought it as it currently sits.

I can say with absolutely certainty, he is NOT the second owner. He's (at least) the third owner. I'm first, second owner was in St Louis area.... to the best of my knowledge, the third owner purchased in 2006 (according to http://www.integratyper.org/us...7.htm )

I sold the car to another forum member in May 2005. I originally leased the car in March 2001, then bought it outright, so i can vouch for the car only having one owner from March 2001 to May 2005 (approx 63-64k miles).

When the car was sold in May 2005, it was in good/not great physical condition. It drove great, i'd say it was in great mechanical condition.

In 2001 the passenger front corner turn signal housing was stolen and replaced with oem.

The front bumper had been resprayed during 2002. Based on the picture above, I'd say that is either a new bumper and lip or its been painted again (good, it needed it!) It's a bumper - I'd say this is no big deal - i just wanted to mention everything I knew about, big or small. This is a super minor item, the bumper and lip were not cracked or damaged, just had some unexpected wear / paint missing. (truck tire tread on the highway, TWICE - once in 2002, once in 2003)

In December 2002, the driver's quarter panel was replaced due to damage behind the driver's rear wheel. It did NOT have the proper sticker affixed to the panel when I sold it, so that lines up with what you are seeing. The driver's side of the rear bumper and corner of the hatch (under/near the wing) may have also been sprayed, I honestly can't remember, and purged my records (bonfire) many years ago. It was reported to insurance, so, this item should show up on the carfax. **That's the only item reported during my ownership.**

I know nothing about the passenger headlight, fender, or that spot weld.

The lower radiator support / core support was bent due to an off track excursion in March 2004. It was bent inward (towards the radiator), and was pulled out after the incident. NO other damage was found, not to the radiator, engine, trans, or anything else. Other than the front alignment being off as a result.

The second owner pulled the support out further than we did at the track (after the damage) and I THOUGHT he tacked it, replaced it, or did something to reinforce it. (I cannot confirm that actually happened but i distinctly remember talking to him about it) After the incident, I took it to a well known body shop in the area that does frame assesments/repair, and they told me it was so close to 'normal' that they advised against spending the money to do a full investigation (basically buliding a jig of sorts around it to take all the measurements). They advised that by securing the front lower support, and getting it aligned, it would be 'in spec' as far as they would be concerned. As far as I know, the second owner addressed this item as I mentioned above. While I have dedicated a lot of words to this part of the story, I really do not think this is a big issue. (If I had more sense and the means to do so back then, I would have had that lower support cut off and a new one welded in place.)

FYI - The car was sold with all oem parts put back in the car - it had a different intake / header / exhaust / suspension / front upper control arms / steering wheel for most of my 4 years of ownership. The car also had a roll bar.

Jay/cheezthis and I thought it was sold to a guy in Texas, and a username on this forum even popped up long ago, but he never responded to either of us. (2001TypeR1107 or something similar)

That's all I got.

Chris N
clitz

2012 posts [100%]
usa xx
11-6-2002
 « Re: (Chris N)« » Reply  Edit

here's the actual damage to the lower rad support. You can see where it is bent inward, dead center.

Link: http://cheezthis.com/pics/_dat...e.jpg

Dynasty21
Ruff Ryders Valley Chpt.

22 posts [100%]
4-15-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

Thanks for the info, that's definitely great to know. What kind of damage did it suffer that the quarter had to be replaced?

Modified by Dynasty21 at 2:38 PM 1/17/2017

Chris N
clitz

2012 posts [100%]
usa xx
11-6-2002

A car / truck backed into it in a parking lot. apparently there was no car next to mine at the time, so it looks like they backed WAY out of their spot, turned the wheel, pushed in the quarter panel with a rear corner of their bumper. It had some flaked paint and obviously a bumper shaped dent and a bunch of very deep scratches, overall about the size of a college football or slightly larger.

I found this out when I left the gym and got to my car.

It was claimed as comprehensive on my insurance, not collision, so, I am really not sure if it shows up on a carfax.

Dynasty21
Ruff Ryders Valley Chpt.

22 posts [100%]
4-15-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

Knowing what we know, how much do you guys think this car is worth?

cheezthis

3134 posts [5000%]
Chicago IL
11-11-2002
 « « » Reply  Edit

I don't know what the condition is today.

When Mark (2nd owner) was finished going over it, it looked very solid.

I don't know if the current owner knows the history above?

Dynasty21
Ruff Ryders Valley Chpt.

22 posts [100%]
4-15-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

He doesn't know and claims to not know the things I pointed out when I checked the car. He didn't even know the quarter panel was changed. He also told me the person he bought it from said he was the original owner. The current owner did not even run a carfax.

Modified by Dynasty21 at 8:26 PM 1/17/2017

cheezthis

3134 posts [5000%]
Chicago IL
11-11-2002
 « « » Reply  Edit

Hmm, well, just remember you're buying the car and not the seller, ha.

Run a carfax, and see what that shows.

Dynasty21
Ruff Ryders Valley Chpt.

22 posts [100%]
4-15-2012

Will do... just want to know your guys opinion on how much it's worth.

itr #1334
curves

3392 posts [100%]
BFE Nebraska
3-31-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

8-9k
01-0864 Import Alliance only caR
98-0197 Soddy daisy street warz
98-0965 Rainbow is ALIVE!!

Dynasty21
Ruff Ryders Valley Chpt.

22 posts [100%]
4-15-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

Carfax shows he's the second owner. Wow... first in IL, moved to MO, moved to TX, moved to CA, then sold to second current owner.

itr #1334
curves

3392 posts [100%]
BFE Nebraska
3-31-2008

Quote, originally posted by Dynasty21 »
Carfax shows he's the second owner. Wow... first in IL, moved to MO, moved to TX, moved to CA, then sold to second current owner.

Title jumping is illegal but very common. Unless a dealer bought it each time which is unlikely.

01-0864 Import Alliance only caR
98-0197 Soddy daisy street warz
98-0965 Rainbow is ALIVE!!

cheezthis

3134 posts [5000%]
Chicago IL
11-11-2002
 « « » Reply  Edit

Carfax might have messed that up. I recall Mark taking out a loan to get the ITR from Chris.

Dynasty21
Ruff Ryders Valley Chpt.

22 posts [100%]
4-15-2012

Damn... this car is just a mess...
 First  1 2 >  Last

» Return to Cars for Sale