wow nice find!

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2294 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: (4drferio)« » Reply  Edit

Archived.

Will be interesting to see what this one does. This one is more like a typical "classic car" restore and I dont think we have seen one like this yet on BaT. Its well documented and not perfect but with the low miles and matching numbers it could be interesting.

I dont expect it to go too high but could surprise us and give a good indication of what future restore, barn finds, and recoveries might do. And Competition White

2000 CDM CW ITR
Badge: n/a
VIN: JH4DC2313YS800542
Listed Mileage: 38k Kilometers (~24k Miles)
Asking: No bids as of Jan 5th

Seller Comments:
This 2000 Acura Integra Type R shows 38k kilometers (~24k miles) and has spent the majority of its life in storage. One of 223 examples sold in Canada that year, the car was built into a Solo 1 autocrosser when new with a stripped interior and welded-in half roll cage. The seller acquired it in 2012 with under 23k kilometers after sitting in a race shop since 2003. He returned the interior to stock specifications and sold the car in late 2012. He recently re-acquired it from the previous owner, who had stored it since 2012. The 1.8 liter VTEC inline-four is paired to a 5-speed manual transmission and is said to start easily and run well. The car has some cosmetic needs and will require a new timing belt and water pump. It is sold with a clean AutoCheck and clean Ontario title.

The Competition White paint is one of two available colors offered in Canadian-market cars for the 2000 model year. The body panels show no signs of repainting and retain their VIN stickers as shown in the gallery. The car wears a number of imperfections obtained during its competition career, most notably cracking and rubbing on the front fascia along with tire rubs around the front bumper edges and a loose rocker molding. The cabin glass shows clearly in pictures. The seller notes that the Type R decals are replacements, though residue can be seen from the removal of the originals during the carís conversion to racing livery.

The hood is straight but sits slightly proud of the front bumper due to weatherstripping needing minor adjustment. All lenses are clear and well-preserved due to minimal sun exposure over the years. The original white 15″ alloys were included in the 2012 recovery. They show some minor curb rash and the tires are due for replacement.

The black interior was sourced from a low-mileage Type R of the same model year undergoing a racing conversion. Unique Canadian-market-only details include an A/C delete, leather shift knob (vs. polished for US cars), and carbon fiber trim pieces limited to the gauge cluster. The seating surfaces show minimal wear and the carpets are protected by floor mats. Plastic surfaces have a good sheen and look to be free of cracks and scuffs. The seller notes that the unique armrest badge was lost in the original conversion.

The rear seating surfaces are similarly free of defects, though the seller notes that the interior trim panel just below the rear hatch is missing. The original spare tire is included, but the jack kit was not recovered.

The 1.8 liter VTEC inline-four is paired to a close-ratio 5-speed manual and made 195 horsepower @ 8,000 rpm when new. The seller notes that the car starts readily and pulls strong, but advises that the timing belt and water pump are original to the car and should be replaced. The power steering pump and lines have been removed for manual steering, and the looped line can be easily reversed should power steering be desired.

A clean Autocheck shows no major damage or loss associated with the car, and also verifies the VIN and mileage. Photos of the car when it was found in 2012 can be seen in the gallery, as well as a set showing the car after a recent detail. The seller documented the process of recovering it in a forum thread that can be found in the thread.

The seller states that the car is 50-state US legal when in factory condition and can be imported with a letter from Honda USA stating DOT compliance. The seller has begun the process of obtaining this letter in order to facilitate the sale. A 10-minute video with a walk-around and narrative history of the car can be seen below.

Pics album: http://s303.photobucket.com/us...anada

98-0034 - Track Daze y0
00-XXXX - The OG NOPI Fish Tank Type R - SOLD

My For Sale thread ITR and Misc Parts For Sale

itr #1334
curves

3441 posts [100%]
BFE Nebraska
3-31-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Seems like the owner bought it back to resell.........
01-0864 Import Alliance only caR
98-0197 Soddy daisy street warz
98-0965 Rainbow is ALIVE!!
00-1587 Type Rice
01-0629 Hail Central

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2294 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002
 « Re: (itr #1334)« » Reply  Edit

We'll probably see a lot more of that these days. Especially lower mileage caRs.
98-0034 - Track Daze y0

boostjunkie33

22 posts [100%]
Toronto On
11-27-2016
 « « » Reply  Edit

I was hoping to go check it out when pics showed up on a local forum a couple of days ago. Now it's on BAT I think I'll pass....
My toy box
01 R
90 CRX
93 Miata

zc911

28 posts [100%]
2-3-2008
 « Re: (boostjunkie33)« » Reply  Edit

Hi Guys
This is my car

I had been in contact with the PO who I sold to back in 2012 around 6 months ago, I think before prices started going up. It just took this long to get the car as the Po worked out of town. i have room for 3 cars, and the ITR made 4, but i didn't want the car to waste away again!

I have the reserve set really low. Like really really low. way below the price of any ITR for sale in the last 2 years probably.

boostjunkie33 - don't be shy, come see it! email me zc911@hotmail.com
I would really like the car to stay local

You can search my posts, I had it for sale in 2012 on this board too. It almost went to the US then as well

touringteg

58 posts [100%]
Victoria BC
5-2-2016
 « Re: (zc911)« » Reply  Edit

Hard to find one this low mileage and vins matching. Sure it needs some paint restoration and stickers but this one is a beauty.

It certainly is a shame the original armrest badge is gone. If only the EG hatch the interior went into could be tracked down. It couldn't have gone far but it is possible it was stripped or crushed by now.

I've watched BAT for a while and Canadian cars never seem to do well since the majority of buyers are in the US. Many US buyers do not want to deal with the time / effort involved to import from Canada (dave7 excluded).

I hope I am wrong and you get great results. Good luck!

ITR # 01-1233 CDM

zc911

28 posts [100%]
2-3-2008
 « Re: (touringteg)« » Reply  Edit

thanks very much. if it hits reserve that would make me happy. It;s my second auction with BAT (4th car on bat) and they only take reasonable reserves. So if you see a car listed there, it's a good chance the reserve is below market value.
My Renault turbo 2 went to a very happy buyer in WA. I also watched a Land Rover not US legal go for good money and stay in Canada. We will see what happens in 6 days

I tired pretty hard back in 2012, but i could not get much info out of purchaser of the interior, which kinda sucked.

boostjunkie33

22 posts [100%]
Toronto On
11-27-2016
 « « » Reply  Edit

Thanks for the invite Rob but there are two things that dampened my excitement. First USD and second BAT 5% buyers fee. I will definitely keep on eye on the auction but unfortunately this Canucks weak loonie won't be able to compete....
My toy box
01 R
90 CRX
93 Miata

zc911

28 posts [100%]
2-3-2008
 « Re: (boostjunkie33)« » Reply  Edit

What I told another Canadian is that as soon as the auction ends I'll use xe.com and convert to Canadian that way you can pay in Canadian $$. %5 is not horrible. $500 on every 10k
I'll trailer it to you for free so you at least that offsets some costs
I really would like if it stayed local. Would give me a chance to buy it a 3rd time haha

zc911

28 posts [100%]
2-3-2008

Updated with compression test pics and underside pics.
230-240psi cold, nuts. Never had one so high! Explains why it pulls so hard

RTW DC2R
Bump drafting j00

2294 posts [100%]
NYC
10-20-2002

Quote, originally posted by zc911 »
Updated with compression test pics and underside pics.
230-240psi cold, nuts. Never had one so high! Explains why it pulls so hard

Thanks for adding that. Should help with any concerns on the motor health. Does it burn oil yet? Oil rings should still be pretty solid.

Looks kinda wet under there. Hows the oil pan gasket look?

98-0034 - Track Daze y0

zc911

28 posts [100%]
2-3-2008
 « Re: (RTW DC2R)« » Reply  Edit

It's wet from the undercoating, the oil spray. The camera flash makes it look worse than it is. Not really easy to grab a decent underbody pic in the dark garage. But I didn't want anyone to have any suprises when they get the car

No leaks, no buring, no nothing, perfect ready to go

Modified by zc911 at 3:55 PM 1/9/2017

tegra853

14 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC
10-9-2016
 « « » Reply  Edit

Current bid is at 18k

zc911

28 posts [100%]
2-3-2008
 « Re: (tegra853)« » Reply  Edit

yes sir, ends today at 3:30pm EST

4drferio
RHD EK FERIO

102 posts [100%]
Los Angeles ca
3-12-2015

Quote, originally posted by zc911 »
yes sir, ends today at 3:30pm EST

pretty shock its already at 18,500 good job!

zc911

28 posts [100%]
2-3-2008
 « Re: (4drferio)« » Reply  Edit

thanks and me too, those two guys last night did well

boostjunkie33

22 posts [100%]
Toronto On
11-27-2016
 « « » Reply  Edit

I'm getting a kick out of the comments section.

Ahmad.las 12
@spyr god, I have so many cars I forgot to mention my 2014 Dodge Viper and 458 spider

Piece of advice. If you can't remember the cars you have, maybe you shouldn't buy another....assuming he actually owns these cars.

My toy box
01 R
90 CRX
93 Miata

First  1 2 >  Last

» Return to Cars for Sale